Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2014 Interdominion

Hybrid View

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    This forum is full of punters, owners, breeders, trainers, drivers and trotting fans yet I have not seen one comment in favour of the current format for the ID . Take note NSWHR . We are the people that you need to get to keep putting our hands into our pockets to keep the sport going ! Please pull your heads out of the sand before it's too late !
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    This forum is full of punters, owners, breeders, trainers, drivers and trotting fans yet I have not seen one comment in favour of the current format for the ID . Take note NSWHR . We are the people that you need to get to keep putting our hands into our pockets to keep the sport going ! Please pull your heads out of the sand before it's too late !
    Gotta agree with u Rick.
    I considered going to Melton for the Inter Dominion last night but there of course was only 1 ID and to me like the Qld, WA and NZ heat they were nothing more than a weekly FFA, 2-4 good horses i consider worthy of ID level and the rest stocking fillers (in my perception of the ID).
    there was no magic about any heat in an ID kind of way, no excitement of seeing something spectacular, no clashes of any titans.
    Sure the Menangle heats proved to be interesting and Restrepo and Keayang was exciting but thats it.
    So i didn't bother going to Melton for that FFA, had some family things going on too but the 4 trotters races would have got me there before that "ID"! And i mean that sincerely as i love the trotters.
    Would love to see this format change to something closer to the original.
    I think the original format was good, not sure why they thought it needed such radical changing, maybe just market it and advertise it better than they had previously like they do now.
    The final will be a great race with an ID feel no doubt, its just the process to get there obviously is lacking on many fronts.

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    Along with many others I spent a lot of time and angst (all ignored by the powers that be) railing about the new format for the I.D.
    Obviously the opinions of the "hoi poloi" are neither sought nor taken notice of so while it will make us feel a little better for having a whinge at least p*****g against the wind sees us getting something back.
    A pox on them all.

+ Reply to Thread