I cant see the link between average times over last 10 starts meaning increasing size of fields, more competitive fields and then that may drag in new punters or increase the current punters bet on a race. This then may increase the racing life of c3/c6 horses or horses who have reached their mark.

1. Trainers will work out very quickly how get around the average times and it will be a complete rort, also I think it would be too confusing- and a short term solution at its very best. It’s called tinkering.

2. It may mean competitive fields for a while, but how long will that last?-see point 1. The dropback rule gets maneuvered quite a bit as well and not used as it was intended for. HRV have had the PBD in place for 10 years and an analysis has indicated this has reduced very short priced favourites and turnover has increased

3. The game is over for attracting lots of new punters with serious money to bet on harness racing - GAME OVER

4. Check out how many race programmes there are for c5/c9 and c10/c15 horses- a lot of horses sit in this class and still tick over money- just doing the circuit. Some of these horses have won 16-17 races…yeah rite….We all know this happens, if a horse has raced for 5 years, had 50- 60 starts or more and won $60k it has done its job hasn't it? It is up to you the owner if you want to keep it racing but I don't believe a special class should be created for this type of horse who is still an MO. An average horse can still get to MO if everything falls in its favour but then that is it. You are the owner and you need to be able to deal with a horse that is no longer competitive in its class. This leads us into the HERO program.

5. Not sure about the supplementary races either- a poster did ask if they are being used. The rules seem clear but they have left the ends open. It was supposed to be a one month trial so I guess it is over.