Closed Thread

Thread: Charges laid in swabbing scandal

Hybrid View

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Hey Peteboss,

Some of Geeuuess's finest work there. He really is a great poster, and didnt he get on Sethlad's nerves.

Btw that blog was only linked to and not posted.

Edit: And I stand by the reason I posted it on bigfooty, (in most cases) owners who take horses from one trainer to another are weak as water.
    Weak as water, how so ?

I work in finance. If I don't provide a return for my clients equal to at least the average of my peers I'll get a degree of loyalty but if I go back to back (below par) I'm down a few clients and possibly my job. That's the ballgame.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Parker View Post
    Weak as water, how so ?

I work in finance. If I don't provide a return for my clients equal to at least the average of my peers I'll get a degree of loyalty but if I go back to back (below par) I'm down a few clients and possibly my job. That's the ballgame.
    Harness racing is a game of loyalty and mateship first, business second in my books. (I'm not saying people aren't entitled to try and earn money)
    Yin and Yang - good business decision changing trainers (perhaps), poor morals (you may disagree).
    In this scenario it's not like Excel Stride was performing poorly either. At the very least you have to feel sorry for Heath wouldn't you?

Side points:
    Trainers are more than entitled to train any horse they're offered.
    I'd hate to be Sam Nati - he is expected to be superman.

Closed Thread