Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's Our Future in NSW

Hybrid View

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    I'm a bit behind the times, only just discovered Parkes was on tonight, and I see the Dumesny family are being honoured for their involvement in harness racing, especially at Parkes over the years - a lot of the recognition centred on their voluntary efforts for the Parkes club. Congratulations to all concerned.. the heart and soul of all the smaller clubs owes their existence to the tireless work of volunteers, usually unsung and seeking no recognition at all. The club has a proud existence because of the selfless work of people of their ilk. Shame HRNSW has seen fit to knock 2 meetings off them.

Tonights tribute comes hot on the heels of the Bathurst club who recently recognised the contribution of the Hando family a few weeks ago for their involvement in the breeding industry/related involvement over the decades.

I might have rose coloured glasses on, but I really hope the sport gets through the shit that decent people have had to put up with relating to the ongoing scandal and starts taking steps forward in coming months. These type of people are the backbone of harness racing and while they are in the game, the future of NSW harness will eventually be assured.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    I'm a bit behind the times, only just discovered Parkes was on tonight, and I see the Dumesny family are being honoured for their involvement in harness racing, especially at Parkes over the years - a lot of the recognition centred on their voluntary efforts for the Parkes club. Congratulations to all concerned.. the heart and soul of all the smaller clubs owes their existence to the tireless work of volunteers, usually unsung and seeking no recognition at all. The club has a proud existence because of the selfless work of people of their ilk. Shame HRNSW has seen fit to knock 2 meetings off them.

Tonights tribute comes hot on the heels of the Bathurst club who recently recognised the contribution of the Hando family a few weeks ago for their involvement in the breeding industry/related involvement over the decades.

I might have rose coloured glasses on, but I really hope the sport gets through the shit that decent people have had to put up with relating to the ongoing scandal and starts taking steps forward in coming months. These type of people are the backbone of harness racing and while they are in the game, the future of NSW harness will eventually be assured.
    Yep Bathurst have a Gold Crown honouree each year, most clubs have a volunteer of the year and NSW has its own volunteer of the year award.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Found out tonight Peak Hill with no meeting's this year not sure whether it is a funding issue or not .Parkes and Dubbo have the date's when Peak used to race .
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Found out tonight Peak Hill with no meeting's this year not sure whether it is a funding issue or not .Parkes and Dubbo have the date's when Peak used to race .
    That is bad news. Hopefully it is only temporary and that the club is back up and running soon.
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

+ Reply to Thread