usually the syndicators have costs such as advertising / asic fees etc etc . i have bought some thoroughbred shares through syndication companies and they usually send you a product disclosure statement outlining all the fees and their commissions etc . on face value it does seem a little steep but i guess it has to be worth their while. even at the prices quoted its not a bad format as it allows people that dont have a clue how to select a yearling a chance for it to be done professionally ( you would hope and assume ) , you can also take a small % of a horse that you probably wouldnt have been able to buy outright or spread what you would spend on one yearling across a few. by nature these syndication companies rely on racetrack success for their business to continue so you would think they would be selective in the yearling selection process. so it probably does have appeal to new owners which can only be good for the industry.

i have personally had shares in 1 galloper with slade and i would rate the experience as only fair , my main criticism in early days they really lacked a personally touch but i must say it did improve and seem to become better.