Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fremantle Cup 2018

Hybrid View

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Agreed Colin, Pure Steel, pure guts and determination, I will never forget his 1980 AG Hunter Cup win when he sat on the outside of Paleface Adios all the way and went on to win with the great sit/sprinter Koala

King unable to run him down. The call of that race was remarkable. Pure Steel, my all time favourite until I'm Themightyquinn came along.

Footnote. They actually measured the stride of Pure Steel in full flight....... 7.9 metres or 26 feet. incredible.
    He is my all time favourite too and a look through my post history will comfirm my love for him. However is quickest time at Gloucester Park was 1.53.5 and that was over 1700. Give Lazarus some credit going 1.52.6 over 2500.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    He is my all time favourite too and a look through my post history will comfirm my love for him. However is quickest time at Gloucester Park was 1.53.5 and that was over 1700. Give Lazarus some credit going 1.52.6 over 2500.
    Lazarus time for the 2500 at GP was unbelievable but we all know that times can belie a horse's true ability Lazarus an exception. Take Queensland harness racing they zip around their favourite distance 1660 metres in quick times but that's where it ends.
    ITMQ's pedestrian 1:53.5 at GP translated to a 1:50.4 at Albion Park in 2014 Sunshine Sprint a time that will take some beating and only a horse the calibre of Lazarus could do it.

+ Reply to Thread