Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Interdom 2022

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    My take

Honolua $2.80 Either straight in running line or first crack at the lead. His Kilmore Cup run was almighty and he won't have to do it as hard this time around. With Act Now form horse of the heats.
    Act Now $4.50 You're greatest strength begets your greatest weakness. Can see him working too hard early with too great a field chasing him not Bundoran this week. Fingers crossed for a sit because he showed in the mile heat he can run on strong with the best of them.
    Shadow $8.00 Fantastic draw. Only a month ago beat Honolua in sub 1.49 from off them. Everyone wanted to jump off Mach Dan because he got beat in just outside track record time at Ballarat. Well Shadow only got 5m in track record time, the run wasn't as bad it looked with him paddling the final 100m.
    Mach Dan $8.00 Of the horses who aren't in the possible category he is going to get the best run. Won't have to use petrol tickets so if those possible leaders use up early fuel Mach Dan will be best placed to swoop.
    Ego $9.00 Unless the early lead battle stings too much and Luke can time his leadership attack perfect its hard to see him winning. Just too hard from the death. Will be thereabouts though.
    Prince $17.00 Has had a good series but this price just reflects the cushy run and less distance covered.
    Zuess $21.00 Will get straight into the running line, use no early petrol and could give some cheek late
    Eclipse $21.00 Will have to come around them all when I viewed his best chance as sitting leaders back. Don't think he is good enough to do that.
    Louis $21.00 There is no lead there and I can't imagine in the horses best interest to try. Can't see him getting near the horses who lob leaders and leaders back unless the speed is really on but in that case MD and others would run past Louis.
    Bundoran $26.00 Going to have to come around them all. Admittedly almost knocked off the top 2 seeds in the past 2 heats but those big guns had more than enough reasons to be fading. Even if race rune to suit MD, Zuess, Louis etc still too good for him.
    Delight $31.00 Similar run to MD who is better.
    Pete $101.00 Was relegated to the 2nd tier FFA just 2 months ago.
    Think I would have done pretty well here as a bookmaker. Shadow half the price, horses like Mach Dan and Ego over their starting price.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Michael Guerin adamant that Spirit Of St Louis can cross Act Now - big ask when he is right next to him
    Then he seems equally adamant that he hands up to Expensive Ego - as if Act Now is going to allow that
    He is far more an expert than me but I cannot see it
    Yep, Michael Guerin was also adamant that NSW racing and horses were far superior to Victoria he mentioned it twice a Kiwi know it all I would suggest.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Jason Grimson the only trainer with a bigger bag of tricks than Emma Stewart when it comes to the big ones.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Think I would have done pretty well here as a bookmaker. Shadow half the price, horses like Mach Dan and Ego over their starting price.
    It is easy for me to say this with hindsight but as well as blowing the opportunity to make it a 600m race, would Jodi have also had a better chance if she had made it a 2760m race, it would seem that Shadow is a pretty good mile horse
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I just noticed that the Consolation MR was a full second quicker - the quinella could have been very competitive in the Final.
    Crime Writer backing up in the Stawell Cup today
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    It is easy for me to say this with hindsight but as well as blowing the opportunity to make it a 600m race, would Jodi have also had a better chance if she had made it a 2760m race, it would seem that Shadow is a pretty good mile horse
    Possibly but if she couldn't judge speed for those 2nd and 3rd quarters how was she supposed to judge speed for 2760m.
    Made it a 2500m race last week and Bundoran nearly ran him down who had the running line and come wide not the sprint lane like Shadow had.
    I'm not sure Shadow has a distance preference either. Gone 1.53 over 2300m. Failed at mile in ID Heat. Grimson horses keep running. You cant train speed but you can train stamina (albeit if you have more stamina you can show that speed).

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    The public event sign was for the ID (3pm till midnight) - at around 4pm they started directing traffic - no right hand turn into Tabcorp Park - you had to go down to the float entry and do U turn to come back to the normal car park entry.
    Traffic was very heavy early in the day - not sure why but when I arrived around 4, traffic was not too bad.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Yabbie View Post
    The public event sign was for the ID (3pm till midnight) - at around 4pm they started directing traffic - no right hand turn into Tabcorp Park - you had to go down to the float entry and do U turn to come back to the normal car park entry.
    Traffic was very heavy early in the day - not sure why but when I arrived around 4, traffic was not too bad.
    Were they stopping every car once they entered Melton Carol? (maybe not at 4)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    I would be interested to know the on-track attendance but HRV tends to treat this as a state secret. On TV it appeared good by Melton standards although nothing comparable to the 37,000 at the Valley for Preaux Chevalier's win.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have been to some big nights this year and done a rough count by pushing a lap inside and out and a very big night would be 5,000 at Melton
    With free admittance, I imagine the only other way to calculate attendance would be a count by the parking attendant (who, when I have attended, stopped every car) or a door counter
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread