+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NZ Broodmare Sale

Hybrid View

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    'Really' Viv
    I bowed to your experience but fear you are venturing into a bit of 'chest puffing'
    I never claimed to speak with a lot of confidence - read the finish of my post.
    I don't know whether I want to be taken too seriously
    I do however enjoy chatting on a forum with like minded people - if you see it as a place for chest puffing have yourself a good time
    As far as answers go - I was waiting for the answer to how many of my 5 comments you disagree with but now I am not really interested
    I will never argue about the wisdom of the man on the ground but with all those books you have got I hope you read them too as some of the men on the ground could write too
    And here is a 'wee' thought for you - let's not kid ourselves that results, averages etc etc are all rubbish. Just because some people distort them does not mean they are not relevant
    An old favourite book of mine (superseeded by ClassicFamilies nowadays) was Ian Daff's Black Book
    He allocated Tot Huon number 145 as he did not see it as quite a leading family and I reckon that is still the case, only IMO of course.
    Kev,
    If you are going to discuss breeding on this side of the Tasman either learn what you are discussing or expect some flack.
    You bagged a family as average with few star performers when the family has numerous group one performers and is highly regarded in New Zealand and has been as long as I have been in the game.
    It is hard enough for breeders like Fiona to make a go of it at sales here without ill informed comments about the maternal family she is breeding from being accepted as fact.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv Strangman View Post
    Kev,
    If you are going to discuss breeding on this side of the Tasman either learn what you are discussing or expect some flack.
    You bagged a family as average with few star performers when the family has numerous group one performers and is highly regarded in New Zealand and has been as long as I have been in the game.
    It is hard enough for breeders like Fiona to make a go of it at sales here without ill informed comments about the maternal family she is breeding from being accepted as fact.
    Like I said earlier, I am looking at the catalogue from the perspective of a buyer whereas you clearly fit into the seller category
    Fiona asked for opinions and no one had given her a reply, aware that she was new to the board I thought I would give it a crack. I will only ever give what is my honest opinion
    Like it or lump it but don't come onto a forum and start 'lording' it over others - get over yourself Viv

If you only want NZers to discuss NZ breeding stick to the NZ board. That won't happen because no one posts on the NZ board!
    As far as bagging Fiona's filly, I made 2 positive, 1 negative, 1 fact, 1 undecided comment
    I could not have qualified or downplayed my opinions much more than I did but twice now you have felt the need to come on all high and mighty

We all know how hard it is for breeders and I admire them for keeping our game going but it is highly competitive and it is not ill informed to state that family N67 has had 6 Gp1 winners - 2014, 2010, 1992, 1974, 1971, 1921. The class of those winners is what keeps it going.

Like you said - it all comes down to the individual
    So how about you stop trying to silence this individual from voicing his opinion. We all expect people to disagree with us on a regular basis but forget this combative crap for I do not expect to receive 'flack' on a forum
    Read my sig
    Now I am going to go back to being calm and happy Kev
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Like I said earlier, I am looking at the catalogue from the perspective of a buyer whereas you clearly fit into the seller category
    Fiona asked for opinions and no one had given her a reply, aware that she was new to the board I thought I would give it a crack. I will only ever give what is my honest opinion
    Like it or lump it but don't come onto a forum and start 'lording' it over others - get over yourself Viv

If you only want NZers to discuss NZ breeding stick to the NZ board. That won't happen because no one posts on the NZ board!
    As far as bagging Fiona's filly, I made 2 positive, 1 negative, 1 fact, 1 undecided comment
    I could not have qualified or downplayed my opinions much more than I did but twice now you have felt the need to come on all high and mighty

We all know how hard it is for breeders and I admire them for keeping our game going but it is highly competitive and it is not ill informed to state that family N67 has had 6 Gp1 winners - 2014, 2010, 1992, 1974, 1971, 1921. The class of those winners is what keeps it going.

Like you said - it all comes down to the individual
    So how about you stop trying to silence this individual from voicing his opinion. We all expect people to disagree with us on a regular basis but forget this combative crap for I do not expect to receive 'flack' on a forum
    Read my sig
    Now I am going to go back to being calm and happy Kev
    If you post such misleading rubbish as you have on this matter, then I will pull you up every time.
    If you are going to give your opinion try to make it an informed one.
    As i have said a couple of times I wouldn't comment on a thread about Australian breeding because I only have a superficial knowledge of the maternal families involved.
    I suggest you take the same approach to threads about New Zealand breeding

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv Strangman View Post
    If you post such misleading rubbish as you have on this matter, then I will pull you up every time.
    If you are going to give your opinion try to make it an informed one.
    As i have said a couple of times I wouldn't comment on a thread about Australian breeding because I only have a superficial knowledge of the maternal families involved.
    I suggest you take the same approach to threads about New Zealand breeding
    You sound upset Viv
    I notice you have still not once addressed anything I have posted but don't now as we can beg to differ
    Misleading rubbish - which points were wrong again LOL
    I will give you an example of misleading rubbish

"Here's a wee quiz for you.
    What is the best bred mare in the up coming sale.
    Not the best producer, just the best bred mare in the sale.
    I am genuinely interested in your opinion so I would appreciate a reply"

When Greg called you out about this stunt/question of yours
    Who will judge the best bred mare Viv as it is only an individual's opinion and the opinion's all vary ?

You tried to claim
    Exactly the point I was trying to make Greg....

If you were only trying to make that point you would have just said that instead of asking such a detailed question - at best I will say you were trying to set me up

You will have to earn my trust from here on in Viv

Like I have already said, I could not have qualified my opinions anymore ie I am only an amateur/enthusiast and Fiona to whom I was replying did not seem to have your problem

And guess what I will comment on anything I feel inclined to and I am sure TeeCee will let me know if I am out of line so don't you worry your pretty little head about it
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread