[QUOTE=Triple V ]

If that which serve the best interests of the Participants does not contradict the best interests of the Punters, then all's well and good...

Hi Dan . Hi Jaimie . I think your both right in different ways . I picked out a small quote from you Jaimie which really must be commented on . Your talking about punters and participants as though they were 2 different entities . This is exactly where harness racing differs so vastly from the other 2 codes . The participants and their associates , freinds , neighbours and workmates ARE the punters . Nearly every harness racing punter has a direct connection to the industry . This is supported by the fact that TAB turnover is dropping off as participants leave . The use of these drugs etc is , certainly , making racing in our state so unballanced that more and more will be forced out . Its happening NOW . The sport is being destroyed by the greedy . Even though they offer the highest prizemoney Menangle struggle to fill fields through the week . No one wants to go there . I predict that the sales will be an absolute disaster this year and there is no sighn that our demise is even slowing down . I think that a decision made in November will have a huge impact on many participants futures in this sport .