Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Race a pacer syndications

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Here's an Identi-kit drawing of the suspect.

"This horse has no health issues that will effect its racing soundness".
    The physic resembles a young Triple.

triplev123
    That was a loooooooooooooooooooong time ago Mango. The spandex ain't so flattering these days.

Member Filly latemail_cam will become famous soon enough latemail_cam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cameron Lee
    Occupation
    CEO
    I'd probably rather buy from here in OZ as you can get many bargains, I called a few people last week for some good C1 & C2 class vic based horses.

The australian bred horses were all available for around $8000 to $13000, most of the NZ bred horses were all $14000+.

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith

Bathurst Ready To Run Sale

Hello Hello,

Does anyone have any more information regarding the Bathurst Ready To Run Sale.

Regards,

Sue

triplev123
    I understand it will be in October some time Sue though there's nothing on their website yet.
    http://www.graemeboard.com/graeme-board/

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    I understand it will be in October some time Sue though there's nothing on their website yet.
    http://www.graemeboard.com/graeme-board/
    i heard Nov - prob same weekend as Miracle mile

Member Yearling Shakamaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Raceapacer is a great concept. It was started from memory a few years back by HRV who were looking to grow ownership. They leased some well-bred yearling fillies from prominent breeders and syndicated them via a licensed syndicator who professionally manages the syndicate. The syndicate now offers the choice of buying a share in a horse that is owned by the syndicate or buying an interest in a horse that is leased. Naturally the leased horses do not involve a sizeable initial outlay and hence it is a very cost effective way to get involved in ownership as all you are paying are your % of the costs of the horse in training. Rhodium Castle was one of the original horses that was syndicated by Raceapacer and her owners have shared in her 4 wins to date and $50,000 in stake earnings and have had plenty of fun to date. There is no foolproof way to get involved in harness ownership but in Raceapacer you can be confident in the people that are running the syndicate and training your horse and it is a great way to get involved with other owners.

buster
    how much does race a pacer make from selling the shares? and how much does it take from winnings or as management fees

triplev123
    Who manages it?

Member Yearling Shakamaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Just checked out the Raceapacer website www.raceapacer.com.au The syndicates are managed by Pacific Bloodstock who is registered as a Licensed Syndicator with ASIC. In the Product Disclosure Statement it says that HRV will pay a fee to the Syndicate Manager to facilitate the syndicate. It also says that the syndicate manager is entitled to a management fee but does not specify how much this is. I assume it would be a set % or set sum each month for the cost of managing the syndicate. Given that HRV is paying the Manager to set up and facilitate the syndicate, one would assume that the monthly management fee would be reasonable and not too big and that this would be disclosed upon application.

They look to have some nice horses that you can be a part of for a minimal outlay. They are currently offering shares in a filly that they have leased. The filly is by Art Major out of Talk To Me which makes her a half sister to Mother Courage, Tandias Courage, Crusaders Castle etc and from the same family as Newbold Penny, Penny Veejay and Nolarama. The cost for a 1/20th share in the filly is $250 which I assume would cover out of pocket expenses incurred by the Syndicate to date. From there the cost is $80 per month which is expected to cover all costs involved in training and racing the filly. At the end of the lease period if there is a surplus of fees collected relative to the itemised costs that are incurred, the surplus fees are refunded back to the syndicate members. All in all it seems like a small outlay for the opportunity of racing a well bred filly from a very strong maternal line and by the current boom sire Art Major.

The Syndicate Manager is licensed by ASIC and is therefore bound by ASIC regulations relating to disclosure etc and HRV are obviously supporting the concept to grow ownership. It looks a good way for new owners to get involved I would say.

+ Reply to Thread