Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
this just plain wrong, the turnover model means betfair pay a higher percentage of revenue then the tab

read any article about this, no one on either side disputes this
Rubbish. Betfair are refusing to pay under both a turnover model and they won't even pay anything under a Gross Profit Model.

If I am a punter and I want to have $100 to win on a particular horse, I have options where I place that bet.

Most TAB's in Australia and NZ are paying product fees back to the Racing Industry at around 30% of Gross Profit. So if I place $100 on a horse with the TAB, $84 on average is returned back to players and $16 is retained. Of this $16, on average around 30% of it ie $4.80 is paid to the Racing Industry in the form of a product fee. The TAB's also provide the Racing Industry with other sources of funding including Programming Fees or profits from Gaming operations etc that on average takes the return to the Racing Industry somewhere up to around 6% of turnover.

Betfair are refusing to pay 1% of turnover in NSW. So if I placed my $100 on Betfair, they are refusing to pay $1 of that back to the Industry.

The most that Betfair have offered to pay the Racing Industry in Australia, (outside of Tasmania) is 10% of gross profits. This is considerably less than what the TAB's are paying.