Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
I'm a moderator of another very large racing forum.

We have a rule that if it won't pass a Disney movie then don't say it. People can vent but they have to be diplomatic. I don't expect it to be that strict on here.

We also issue forum bans for 2 weeks etc depending on infraction - so temporary bans. I'll leave this decision up to you guys. I don't feel negative stuff should be banned (but I must admit that negative stuff on here lately has got me down) and admin you're not covering HarnessLink's butt re defamation with a private forum.

That only leaves closing the forum or more moderators.

Perhaps another option is having to post with your real name, not non de plume. It's amazing how much things clear up when people use their real name. The keyboard ninjas disappear...
I like the Disney rule, if only because it's so simple, everyone knows instantly what's not allowed. In my opinion so far swearing is less of an issue then the personal and legal stuff though, so for the moment I think we can keep the informal rule of you can say some something tastes like shit, but can't call someone a shithead. Swearing is also a lot easier to moderate.

I'll talk to the tech guy tomorrow and see what we can do with requiring real names. What do people think about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
If we cannot discuss a poor drive, this cannot be a racing forum. There obviously has to be limits and I believe there is no need for profanities on here at all. Threats are also a no no. But to discuss merits of a drive/race, when approached in a proper manner surely can be included in general discussion. I would never say anything on here that I wouldnt say to my mates or around the pub etc and I generally enjoy hearing the range of opinions offered here. The short bans idea sounds good.
Exactly right, re racing forum. Won't do that.