Closed Thread
Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Charges laid in swabbing scandal

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Enjoy the walk boys but why stop at Burke keep going all the way to Perth and give us all a break.

Banned Weanling Arnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Arnold Schwarz
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    Enjoy the walk boys but why stop at Burke keep going all the way to Perth and give us all a break.
    Now, come on, Mikey or is it William Williams. Your parents didn't give that one too much thought. I'm not skeptical. I don't care who you 'really' are. Makes for good reading and I do enjoy your mostly well written posts. But, Michael, when you're in Witness Protection, you're not supposed to bob your head up and give people clues. You must have a reasonably solid neck by now from looking over your shoulders so often. Good luck.

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
    Now, come on, Mikey or is it William Williams. Your parents didn't give that one too much thought. I'm not skeptical. I don't care who you 'really' are. Makes for good reading and I do enjoy your mostly well written posts. But, Michael, when you're in Witness Protection, you're not supposed to bob your head up and give people clues. You must have a reasonably solid neck by now from looking over your shoulders so often. Good luck.
    Its Bill not William, I was not aware Michael Beattie was. or is in witness protection, here is a pretty big clue for you, he is in Macau as their Chief Steward I checked their website he will be at the races there tonight and Sunday I imagine, if you need to find him, I doubt he is spending any time looking over his shoulders, I will however not offer any more posts on this issue it is bloody boring to everybody but mostly me.

Banned Weanling Airds is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    John Jackson
    Hrnsw must have a trade agreement with macau ! If and that's a if your not Beattie them hopefully you (bill)might end up in Macau as well.

Banned Weanling Airds is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    John Jackson
    Bill, the difference between the fine cotton case and the hrnsw scandal is the fine cotton was done professionally by a competent person and not cowboy style like the current scandal is . To compare the two is insulting ! The fine cotton case did not destroy the gallops industry, the current scandal and the way the investigation is been done is destroying the hrnsw industry for everyone including the people not involved in the scandal.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Quote Originally Posted by Airds View Post
    Bill, the difference between the fine cotton case and the hrnsw scandal is the fine cotton was done professionally by a competent person and not cowboy style like the current scandal is . To compare the two is insulting ! The fine cotton case did not destroy the gallops industry, the current scandal and the way the investigation is been done is destroying the hrnsw industry for everyone including the people not involved in the scandal.
    This comment is laughable!! Fine Cotton was done professionally?? The paint came off. They did it once. They got caught. These guys had the stewards in their pocket. Way more professional in my terms of a rort. If these guys won the amounts of money being brandished about at the moment (which I find impossible considering the amount it is possible to win on one trots race in Australia) they were already leaps and bounds ahead of FC crew. This is because unlike FC they got an all clear. Many of them.
    I did hear a quote about this situation from a gallops follower. He said "they race for 3k in some races right? And why are they suprised that they were all rotting the system. They get up at 6am work their horses longer and for 3k? Or 70% of it?". Pay peanuts get monkeys.

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Airds View Post
    I doubt you were even born when Fine Cotton happened so please do not lecture me on the pros and cons of comparing the two, what you would not know is the whole way the identification of Thoroughbred horses before they race was changed as a direct result of Fine Cotton to ensure it could never happen again.

The same will hopefully happen here.

Banned Yearling Dmoore will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Doug Moore
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    I doubt you were even born when Fine Cotton happened so please do not lecture me on the pros and cons of comparing the two, what you would not know is the whole way the identification of Thoroughbred horses before they race was changed as a direct result of Fine Cotton to ensure it could never happen again.

The same will hopefully happen here.
    Didnt NSW trots have their own case of Fine Cotton this year in the form of Uncle Lile......which a few of the stewards forgot to check only to discover it was the wrong horse that raced on two or so occasions......A very professional outift!

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmoore View Post
    Didnt NSW trots have their own case of Fine Cotton this year in the form of Uncle Lile......which a few of the stewards forgot to check only to discover it was the wrong horse that raced on two or so occasions......A very professional outift!
    Not quite correct there, it was an office mistake. Owners had submitted a name application for the wrong horse, registrar picked up the error and marked the papers for attention. Somehow the papers were then processed with the name and breeding accepted, though it was for the wrong horse. Later officials checking the freezebrand would have had the correct freezebrand to read for the horse registered as Uncle Lile.
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by [QUOTE
    strong persuader;14215]Not quite correct there, it was an office mistake. Owners had submitted a name application for the wrong horse, registrar picked up the error and marked the papers for attention. Somehow the papers were then processed with the name and breeding accepted, though it was for the wrong horse. Later officials checking the freezebrand would have had the correct freezebrand to read for the horse registered as Uncle Lile
    .[/QUOTE]

We had a similar incident in the early eighties, I had driven this 2YO to win at Maitland at his first start, the horse had his initial start inspection before the race, no worries.
    The guy who owned, bred and trained the horse was over the moon and nominated him for HP the following week, a bus load of his family and friends went to the "smoke" to watch Ken's first HP starter.
    The horse was inspected at HP and Ken is called in to front the stipes, under an allegation he had a "ring in".

Apparently the freeze brand on the horse didn't match his papers, and NSW stipes thought they had a crook in poor old Ken, who'd been in the game 5 minutes and had bred 2 foals in his initial foray into the game. Both the colts were by Bold Jason and the freeze brand on the horse we fronted up with matched the freeze brand on the colt that wasn't much good and in his box at home!
    The stipes scratched the horse, accused Ken of a ring in and the promise of further investigation before severe punishment and the bus load of supporters went home confused and disappointed.

A week later Ken gets a call from the "authority" telling him no further action would be taken as he had indeed taken the right horse to HP last week, and the registration people would require the papers of both colts so they could amend them.(A mistake had been made by Trotting Authority staff when the 2 colts were registered and the freeze brands on the PAPERS were wrong!

So people are human, honest mistakes can be made.

Closed Thread