Thread: Dominatin

Banned Yearling candykisses will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    cassie dodds
    Occupation
    stablehand
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Oh Greg,Thanku!!!!!
    Aussiebrenno initially raised the Kerryn stat but funny enough the LM knockers who hang a man without a trial, had NO comment on that.
    Thanku for providing real proof stats from that website, maybe, but unlikely, some may start to think this apparent domination does actually stem from as Craig put it so well, the Tall Poppy Syndrome.
    We now need a thread for each of the above successful Trainers for the LM haters to accuse them of being drug cheats.

Also by the way would love to get a link put on here to the actual races, horses names and dates on the harness.org website where we can all b shown proof of horses who have recently improved by "50-100metres in a matter of a few weeks", apparently Cassie knows examples of this....................

HI Greg and Ash

I thought you might have had enough of producing those pointless starters to runners statistics when it was shown to not be a true indication of Luke's record .
    So just for you both once again I 'll say it a little sssslllllloooowwwweeeeerrrrrr.

i.e. last friday at menangle Luke had 10 runners for 5 winners Using your starters to winners stats Greg thats 50%
    Now here's the true stats Luke had runners in 5 races for 5 winners that gentleman is 100%

The FactLuke usually has multiple runners ( 2 and 3 )will always water down his starters to winners figures '
    were as the other trainers you are talking about seldom would have more than 1 runner per race
    If you have 3 runners in a race(as Luke often does and you win with 1 of them it will still only give you a 33.3% starters to winners ratio.
    Are you getting the Idea Boy's or would you like me to draw you a picture??

Sorry Ash I know you got a bit excited there ,but keep up the good work mate.

Cheers Cassie
    Last edited by candykisses; 01-14-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Member Gelding The Rainmaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Eric Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by candykisses View Post

i.e. last friday at menangle Luke had 10 runners for 5 winners Using your stats Greg 50%
    Now here's the true stats Luke had runners in 5 races for 5 winners that gentleman is 100%
    Precisely. Luke Mc is continually entering 2 and 3 horses in the same races at Menangle. Only one horse can win. As I mentioned a couple of pages earlier, the true representation of McCarthy's strike rate should be [Races Contested v Races Won] considering he has multiple starters in races all the time. Instead of his average looking yet Australia wide leading 35% strike rate, I think you'll find hes batting around 60%, massive numbers.

Question, why does McCarthy continually enter 2-3 starters per race where only one can pick up the winning cheque? Most trainers like to keep their horses separated and target different races. I know it makes his strike-rate look worse, and gives the perception that he is not dominating, maybe thats what he wants?

Like I said earlier I'm neither pro or anti McCarthy, but it irritates me when people come up with ill informed stats with their rose-coloured glasses on. People can tinker with statistics any way they want to suit their argument, but anyone who thinks McCarthy isn't dominating is delusional.
    Last edited by The Rainmaker; 01-14-2012 at 10:28 AM. Reason: spelling

Banned Yearling candykisses will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    cassie dodds
    Occupation
    stablehand
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rainmaker View Post
    Precisely. Luke Mc is continually entering 2 and 3 horses in the same races at Menangle. Only one horse can win. As I mentioned a couple of pages earlier, the true representation of McCarthy's strike rate should be [Races Contested v Races Won] considering he has multiple starters in races all the time. Instead of his average looking yet Australia wide leading 35% strike rate, I think you'll find hes batting around 60%, massive numbers.

Question, why does McCarthy continually enter 2-3 starters per race where only one can pick up the winning cheque? Most trainers like to keep their horses separated and target different races. I know it makes his strike-rate look worse, and gives the perception that he is not dominating, maybe thats what he wants?

Like I said earlier I'm neither pro or anti McCarthy, but it irritates me when people come up with ill informed stats with their rose-coloured glasses on.
    OH Eric Thanku!!!!!

Banned Gelding murray green will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    murray green
    I went to Menangle last Saturday night and I decided to go and have a look at Lukes horses and I'll admit they looked fantastic . Massive and strong . If they were human I'd liken them to Hulk Hogan , Mister Invincable or any other wrestling superstar
    Last edited by murray green; 02-10-2012 at 05:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu
    [QUOTE=murray green;15318]. Every aspect of the industry is affected . I believe even yearling sale figures will cop a hiding this year as people loose interest .

I remembered someone wrote about the yearling sales being affected & how right you are Murray. I'm talking about Sydney & last night proved it 51% clearance rates not very good at all. I can only hope Sunday comes good for the breeder but I doubt it.
    Last edited by peteboss4; 02-11-2012 at 08:30 PM. Reason: added a bit

Member Yearling hillbillydeluxe will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Michael Freeman
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    now-Generals Daughter & Passaic River

Smile Domination

Hi to all,
    As a new member to the forum I do enjoy reading arguements for the so called domination by certain persons. I worked in the harness industry in the 80's and 90's and defected over to the gallopers only to now return to the same love like everyone else, Harness Racing.
    Owners will send there horses to those who get results and the most important part for me returning is attending country night meets and see all in attendance even liitle kids in there pj's which you do not get at the gallops.
    Harness racing involves more families and that is what helps the sport to survive and we really need to focus on the positives of this sport rather than bagging people behind there backs. placing horses where they can compete should be every trainers goal as an astute trainer is a force.For those who do use enhancers and they know who they are science is catching up on masking so you get caught that's it. If I can buy a horse good enough to win in metro company I can rest assured knowing that it won by ability and that is good enough for me.
    Peace out and bring on the Interdoms

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbillydeluxe View Post
    Hi to all,
    As a new member to the forum I do enjoy reading arguements for the so called domination by certain persons. I worked in the harness industry in the 80's and 90's and defected over to the gallopers only to now return to the same love like everyone else, Harness Racing.
    Owners will send there horses to those who get results and the most important part for me returning is attending country night meets and see all in attendance even liitle kids in there pj's which you do not get at the gallops.
    Harness racing involves more families and that is what helps the sport to survive and we really need to focus on the positives of this sport rather than bagging people behind there backs. placing horses where they can compete should be every trainers goal as an astute trainer is a force.For those who do use enhancers and they know who they are science is catching up on masking so you get caught that's it. If I can buy a horse good enough to win in metro company I can rest assured knowing that it won by ability and that is good enough for me.
    Peace out and bring on the Interdoms

Here you go Hillbillydeluxe....enjoy your return BUT face up to THE TRUTH FIRST

Just posted this in general chat in reply to Dan but posting it here as well......I don't care what anyone thinks because its THE TRUTH

Yes i would have left too & probably will .I have always enjoyed the sport but not so much now. Went back & had a look there has been 23 positives in a relative short period , we have EPO,Meth, arsenic, bute,testosterone (that's a steroid),ibuprofen,& your good old bicarb etc. Its a disgrace & do any of these cheats care who they are ripping off.......NO, THEY DO NOT...You have guys with POSITIVES racing in Hunter Cups & Interdoms.... that in itself is WRONG.......You have guys listed on the O'Toole charge sheet STILL winning races......these grubs run this sport, NOT the stewards or the CEO..... Sam needs to step up and put into place lengthy sentences for cheats & stick to it....eg 12 mts bi carb, 5years anything else as there is no real DESCENT penalty for these cheats. AND THESE CASES NEED TO BE DELT WITH QUICKLY. And mark my words some named in the O'Toole case will get away with it! Things need to change NOW before its too late. Obviously I'm Pissed off big time!
    Last edited by peteboss4; 02-12-2012 at 02:16 PM. Reason: seplling, added a bit

+ Reply to Thread