Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: BOOM.....McCarthy Positive.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    It seems there is no hope of some of these old tracks racing again............in Victoria they have gone on a camapign to bring back to life some of the old tracks.........but it is business as usual in NSW, everything leads to Menangle, so who needs so many tracks when the punters just want to bet, and TAB turnover is the prime concern............There are so many tracks in the Riverina and out west, I'm sure something is going to give out that way soon! At the moment that is the place to be, it is thriving!
    When one says the Riverina is thriving you know things must be bad in other places!

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    Dan
    I know it sounds unlikely but that is the only plausible explanation I can think of. Mack wiper has returned clean swabs shortly before and after and all the info on boldenone says it stays in the system about 12 months.

Banned Gelding murray green will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    murray green
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Dan
    I know it sounds unlikely but that is the only plausible explanation I can think of. Mack wiper has returned clean swabs shortly before and after and all the info on boldenone says it stays in the system about 12 months.
    Tiny
    Read what Teecee wrote #149. This may help you.

Real Name
    Andy Macole
    Quote Originally Posted by murray green View Post
    Tiny
    Read what Teecee wrote #149. This may help you.
    I asked one of the stewards if all prohibited substances were tested for in each swab and he said they are. So back to the only theory left.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    When one says the Riverina is thriving you know things must be bad in other places!
    I just meant there is quite a lot of activity down their with the number of meetings, trials, number of races at a meeting and full fields etc

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    I asked one of the stewards if all prohibited substances were tested for in each swab and he said they are. So back to the only theory left.
    The other theory is masking agents

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    The other theory is masking agents
    That is it..........and if it is.......we are going to need some very highly qualified vets/forensics to argue the point! This could be the begining of a new TV series Miami Newcastle CSI!!!!!!!!!

Real Name
    Andy Macole
    Don't just cover one night in Newcastle. How about a mini series covering the last twelve months. I recon it would be top of the rateings.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Care to elaborate on that suggestion Barney?

What substances would you suggest are being used as a masking agents ?

What drugs are those masking agents attempting to disguise the presence of ?

From a chemistry/testing regime aspect, how exactly do these masking agents succeed in covering up the presence of illegal substances?

Unless of course it was all just more of a 'throw-away line'?

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    [VVV] That's a pretty foolish answer for a Steward to give you Andy because common sense dictates that courtesy of the couple of tubes of blood they take, pathology wise it is just physically impossible to pull enough blood to test for everything on the performance enhancing radar...on top of it being financially ridiculously expensive to do so. Add that to the fact that there is no shotgun/fishing net style multi platform test for nefarious substances, there never has been and there most likely never will be and the real answer is of course, no they are not. The test for used to detect bute is not the test for a narcotic which in turn is of course not the test for a hormone which is not the test for micera which is in turn not the test for elevated TCO2 etc etc etc. With the garden variety things I think they just get picked up as a matter of course but at the same time with the less common/more exotic substances I think it's more than reasonable to suggest that the Stewards have to strongly suspect that a specific substance is being used in order to zero in their testing. For example, if a trainer was using an obscure human dementia drug as in fact was the case in the US last year, no way any of the run of the mill tests would ever pick it up.
    Last edited by Triple V; 02-22-2012 at 07:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread