Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday Horsham

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Wednesday Horsham

As I am off to the Horsham Historical Society before this meet (to explore my great, great grandfather's claims to be the founder of Horsham)
    I am going to highlight some of the breeding of the horses - particularly those just beginning their racing careers

I was trying to split the 2yo's in the first and couldn't so I went to the pedigrees. Of course Madeeba being Messini's half bro looks a standout but I thought his first start suggested he has a lot to learn. The opposite on that scale as far as racing goes is Streetside Classic who has already had 5 starts and led Madeeba up 3w when they met (and finished right next to him). Last start he had a horror draw, he or Kerryn got caught napping at the 800 and after that just ran into deadends. Back to pedigree - well Metropolitan has not done much downunder except for Exciteusinthecity and Metro Mike who is a real outcross being out of a Chandon (Classic Gary) mare. Maybe Streetside Classic from a Classic Gary mare can make a horse too. If he we see a favourite at silly odds, I might opt for him instead.

In Race 2 the 3yo we have a first starter in Night Performer by The Warp Drive. It would have been good for the industry if this son of Albert Albert could have made a sire. Patronage for him has been lacking and he has not got nearly enough to the track. If Night Performer becomes one - he will be TWD's third only winner

4yo first starter in the 4th, Byebyeguy is the last foal of Able Lynne who has produced a few goodies
    http://www.harness.org.au/ausbreed/r...horse_id=16032
    While appearing to pretty much be an outcross with Union Guy, I was intrigued with how many siblings the pedigree has in the first 7gens. If you have Pedigree Partner check it out.
    Of course Union guy has siblings Walton Hanover and Wendymae Hanover 2x2 in his half for starters but one cross that I find very interesting is the 3rd gen Adioo Time (dam of Able Bye Bye) in the bottom half matched with her ¾bro Good Time 4 times in the 6th & 7th gen in the top half.

There are some good class races later in the program so it should be a good day
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly codywinnell will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Cody Winnell
    Love the Horsham trots. One of my favourite tracks.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    If I had been prepared to accept only 2 place divvies in the 1st I could have collected $9 the place and then in the 2nd we could have enjoyed $16 the place.
    Pretty good day here today - as much sun as cloud
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quinella in the 1st would have been handy Kev.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The Fat Man was once again very impressive in the best class race of the day (C4-6)
    I did not realize how closely related he is to ITMQ!
    Not only do they share the same 3rd dam but there is also that close up Sokys Atom in the dam line and for that matter they are both sired by Most Happy Fella line sires (getting carried away, I know)

http://www.harness.org.au/ausbreed/r...orse_id=593082
    http://www.harness.org.au/ausbreed/r...orse_id=552790
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Weanling Frosty will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Terry Lewis
    Occupation
    Manager Department of
    Horses
    Frosty Lady, Abettorpunt, Master of Disg
    and The Fat Man is an entire as well. His record now stands at 12 wins from 20 starts. His mile rate of 1.55.6 broke the Horsham track record for 4 year olds for 1700 metres by a full second and was only 0.3 seconds outside the Horsham all age track record for 1700 metres. He is a half brother to Ay Tee Em and Giggling Girl and closely related to another fast class NZ horse in Cash Asset.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    and The Fat Man is an entire as well. His record now stands at 12 wins from 20 starts. His mile rate of 1.55.6 broke the Horsham track record for 4 year olds for 1700 metres by a full second and was only 0.3 seconds outside the Horsham all age track record for 1700 metres. He is a half brother to Ay Tee Em and Giggling Girl and closely related to another fast class NZ horse in Cash Asset.
    The Tk record could do with a good smashing Terry as the two horses that hold it, set the mark in a C1 and an early 3yo race. I believe on the right day, the right field on a fast track could see a couple of secs taken off that record

Edit: Oops forgot to add Congratulations Terry, to think you may not only have a topliner but also a stallion prospect must be fantastic
    Last edited by Messenger; 04-30-2015 at 12:59 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I know that was a very fast Q3 but The Fat Man did not seem to be the same horse tonight Terry
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Weanling Frosty will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Terry Lewis
    Occupation
    Manager Department of
    Horses
    Frosty Lady, Abettorpunt, Master of Disg
    Yes a bit disappointing. He should have been able to run home in 54 and change from there, but they are animals and not machines. If you don't want to get disappointed don't get involved in racing horses. His record still reads as 12 wins from 21 starts. I wish all my horses had records like that. We move on to focus now on horses trialing at Hamilton tomorrow morning and racing at Swan Hill Thursday night. We will reload with him !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Anybody fancy Ashleigh Herbertson's chances v the Mannings in the next at Horsham?
    Peter M has 1 in, daughter Michelle 2, daughter Kerryn 1 and son in law Grant the only other runner
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread