Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
Brendon what parallel universe are you living in Our Uncle Sam is every bit as good as King Of Swing? KOS has won more money in two starts than OUS has in his racing career. Sam was sucked along in a vortex over 2700 metres in Hunter Cup and still couldn't finish over the top of the King'
And as for being able to run 1:48 in front, Our Uncle has two chances Slim chance and none and Slim's outa town at the moment.

But I will say one thing King Of Swing would not have won the MM without the magic of the Craig Cross/Luke McCarthy combination. Give them a good horse and they will get the absolute best out of them.
Geez, talk about living in a parallel universe!! We can all get a bit parochial from time to time Rod and I reckon it's fair to say you have a s many runs on the board in that department as any other poster on this Forum. KOS got quite a few favours in the Hunter Cup and he got a couple last night as well, he's a great horse that is in the form of his life, that said to suggest Our Uncle Sam was "sucked along" in the Hunter Cup is ridiculous in the extreme, they were walking mate and KOS got home is sub 27 with OUS getting a crack for the last 200 metres of that quarter running him down with every stride and just missing the bickies. Reverse the barrier draws in the Hunter Cup, allow OUS to walk in front as KOS was allowed to and have some of the major challengers in that race held up as they were and there is NO DOUBT in my mind the results would be reversed.

Take a bex and have a good lie down mate.

Cheers,

Dan.