Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    NSW Breeders, and NSW based; they need as much they can get.
    Vertigal and Bainfield Washington are the best two; and they both got told who's boss by Aussie Made Lombo and Courageous Annie. Rainbow Dasher and Jennas Highview go good and deserve spots in Oaks type races but aren't 'unbelieavable strong' highlighted by them not being able to win in a 32 final quarter at Wagga. Baby Bling has done nothing thousands of other 3yo fillies havent done in the last 10 years :s. Its just plain jane ordinary crop.
    Breno ?????????

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Correct , Mango.

Disastrous night. To top it off had a rather large bet on Has The Answers at Gloucester Park. The meeting was called off at the start of his race as the mobile could not accelerate away from the field with the shocking track conditions. Well, at least I got my money back here :-)

Terrible run by Courageous Annie. Anyone hear of any reports if there was a problem? She is so much better than that run showed.

BTW, as I have mentioned elsewhere , I do have some talents , but tipping winners has certainly never been my strong point :-(

Flashing Red
    Congrats Mighty Mo - well done on a deserved win!!

I must say however - Forever Gold went like a Monster. For the race to run in 1:56 for 2100m and to be in the death - and only get beat a couple of lengths by a horse who had a beautiful run and a beautiful drive (taking no credit away from the winner here, she ran the time and beat good horses) - what a filly that Forever Gold is. I really started to sit up and take notice when she beat the colts that time. How great it is for Kylie to have Forever Gold and ChaChing ChaChing. Well done.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Also , although the race was not full of top class 2YO's , I thought the run of Cha Ching Chaching was quite impressive. The person that named her , deserves a prize, great name indeed.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by ozninja View Post
    Gee mate after your selection's last night you have joined me in the tip's department lmao, we might have to see how we go backing them at Menangle tomorrow and see if our luck can change for the better.
    Disastrous night. To top it off had a rather large bet on Has The Answers at Gloucester Park. The meeting was called off at the start of his race as the mobile could not accelerate away from the field with the shocking track conditions. Well, at least I got my money back here :-)

Terrible run by Courageous Annie. Anyone hear of any reports if there was a problem? She is so much better than that run showed.

BTW, as I have mentioned elsewhere , I do have some talents , but tipping winners has certainly never been my strong point :-([/QUOTE]

Annie was kicking the sulky which caused her to overace badly. Im sure that will be corrected for next week and we will have a nother great race with the addition of Vertigal, Tatjiana Bromac and Awaywith the fairies as well. I cant wait
    Last edited by mightymo; 06-25-2011 at 01:43 PM. Reason: went in middle of qiote

Real Name
    David Summers
    "We needed luck and we got it. Im hoping a few fellow listers can wipe the egg off their face this morning" - mightymo

Yes, well done mo.

You are right, still wiping egg off my face after my hopeless tipping last night. Going into the meeting , I was reasonably confident. OK , will hope to do better , tomorrow is another day :-)

Junior Member Weanling Bucky will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Britt Graham
    Silly Annie- she will be right, shes a fighter!

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by ozninja View Post
    Also , although the race was not full of top class 2YO's , I thought the run of Cha Ching Chaching was quite impressive. The person that named her , deserves a prize, great name indeed.
    It may not have been brimming with quality but it still had the APG and Seymour winners in it So they certainly weren't all slouches!!

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Silly Annie- she will be right, shes a fighter!
    I didn't think she went as bad as some people think? It was a very hard run to have - I'm sure she'll be better for it and will bounce back for the big one xo

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    Thanks Mango.

I have always had a HUGE opinion of the horse and always been waiting for the day she can follow hot speed. Its what all the good Western Terrors can do. We needed luck and we got it. Im hoping a few fellow listers can wipe the egg off their face this morning...
    Firstly, I take it you are involved in Baby Bling? If so, congratulations and hope you can get the QLD Oaks as well.

Secondly, I think the fact she was at $14 and the other NSW fillies also started as outsiders shows that at the time of our prior discussion and up to 16 hours ago I was right so claiming last nights victory as a victory for NSW fillies being regarded as strong a few weeks ago isn't very moral.

+ Reply to Thread