Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The ASBP Report: How can they be serious? Bad news for harness owners

nat
    LOL Aussie bit of a typo error

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Aussiebreno

Mare's served in n.z are correct in my former post as i was e-mailed the list of mare's served over the last 10yrs by a respected breeder who is high up in the breeding industry in n.z, i was over there in early april and was discussing this topic with them and then a month later i recieved the service chart.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Aussiebreno

I just found the e-mail i was sent, as per certificate's lodged with HRNZ.

00/01 - 4296

01/02 - 4879

02/03 - 4856

03/04 - 4676

04/05 - 4226

05/06 - 4071

06/07 - 4057

07/08 - 4266

08/09 - 3867

09/10 - 4015

10/11 - 3500

There's been 46709 mare's served in 11yrs giving an average of 4246 mare's served per year.
    Last edited by mango; 08-08-2011 at 09:57 AM.

aussiebreno
    Yeah mango, wasnt disputing. Is there a standout reason for just 3500 last season? That is a big drop.

Junior Member Weanling roosters will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    John-Paul King
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Yeah mango, wasnt disputing. Is there a standout reason for just 3500 last season? That is a big drop.

WOW!!!

That is a very astute observation on your part Breno

Do you still think declining foals isnt a problem????

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    I share similar views Triple v, yet when this was brought up with various state programmers they suggest that on many occasions when they do program fillies/mares only races, they dont receive enough noms. my response was that they should simply program them and race them anyway, and eventually trainers will see them and put their fillies and mares in
    [VVV] G'day Mightymo. Mate, I am so sick to death of that attitude...we program them but the races don't stand up so we don't program them. I am sick to death of these Bozos envoking the Chicken & Egg defence. I suggested the very same thing at the Panel meeting held at Menangle and I got the well worn, totally expected response from a couple of people I thought would be on side but were apparently not..."the TAB agreement prevents us from going with less than full fields".
    Well, my view is not pretty, it is not particularly palatable but the time is nigh that we take a more militant attitude.
    I say $%&@ the TAB's. $%&@ them all right down to their potted Ficus & Happy Plants. $%&@ their views on full fields. The States need to grow some Cojones right here, right now and they need to stand up and do what we all know is the right thing to do...rather than allowing the Industry to remain little more than a Puppet of the short-sighted bean counting SOB's in offices somewhere in Ultimo. Card the God damned races people and then run them with whomever fronts up and drops their names into the box, regardless if they have full fields or not, and persist in doing so beyond a few weeks or a month or two. They'll get the noms & the full fields and they'll get them in very short order.
    Last edited by triplev123; 08-08-2011 at 01:52 PM.

triplev123
    Was just talking to a mate of mine and he raised the point that it is mandated that Breeders Crown Heats throughout Australia are run with whomever noms, regardless of numbers.
    Now why is it that, at least in the short term, something of a similar program could not be instituted so as to foster more fillies & mares only races? Surely it can't be that God damned difficult?
    Last edited by triplev123; 08-08-2011 at 07:26 PM. Reason: maNdated...even

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by roosters View Post
    WOW!!!

That is a very astute observation on your part Breno

Do you still think declining foals isnt a problem????
    Its NZ and the drop in the last season is exaggerated to the prior 10 seasons. Hence my query to Mango; hope he has an answer. It probably has to be a dramatic change. Which now Lance has said below Govt stopped funding.
    That has nothing to do with declining foals in Aust over a period of time. You may as well say the increase in pig numbers in Mozambique will result in an increase in chicken numbers in Antartica.
    My figures show it isn't declining foal numbers rather horse retention.
    VVV and others have put up great ideas to retain horses.
    ////thread

Junior Member Weanling roosters will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    John-Paul King
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Its NZ and the drop in the last season is exaggerated to the prior 10 seasons. Hence my query to Mango; hope he has an answer. It probably has to be a dramatic change. Which now Lance has said below Govt stopped funding.
    That has nothing to do with declining foals in Aust over a period of time. You may as well say the increase in pig numbers in Mozambique will result in an increase in chicken numbers in Antartica.
    My figures show it isn't declining foal numbers rather horse retention.
    VVV and others have put up great ideas to retain horses.
    ////thread
    LOL - it must be play time at kinder. Do they let you you use the computers instead of playing in the sandpit??

aussiebreno
    Yeah, so I take it you have nothing constructive to add?

+ Reply to Thread