Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: From the SMH this morning

Member Yearling bbd will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Colin Douglass
    I don't agree Shakamaker. If they get rid of the low-lifes and crooks forever, it will the best episode in Aust. harness racing.

aussiebreno
    It's such a shame harness racing gets this bad name when a) the good are getting rid of the bad so we are getting clean and b) gallops are this guys best customer for all the sweeping they need to do. Its the carpet court jester FYI.

EDIT: Inb4SamNati wears this.

Junior Member Weanling trigger will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lance justice
    i hope it is not as bad as first looks and it is cleaned up quickly but i have noticed that this forum is a gathering of gloom and doom some people should be ashamed at the posts put on here and should relise you are still accountable for what you write even if you hide behind fake id.......

triplev123
    G'day Trigger.
    I trust that Lance is looking after you in the manner to which you have become accustomed. You went a seriously wicked trip at Melton the other night, btw. Congrats.
    I'd beg to differ with the viewpoint of this forum being a gathering of gloom & doom.
    The shorter term pain is not going to be particularly pleasant here in NSW as this whole sorry saga looks as though it still has a few more acts to play out...however as a number of posters including myself have already made note...this 'house cleaning' is in fact going to be a very good thing in the medium to longer term.
    The fake ID aspect here is not quite as fake as it may initially appear and old mate who was giving you a touch up has already been speared as you may have noticed. I'm pretty certain Admin. either knows for certain or has a very, very good idea about who each of the posters are. People should be accountable & they should realise that they are, couldn't agree more.

Member Yearling Shakamaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by bbd View Post
    I don't agree Shakamaker. If they get rid of the low-lifes and crooks forever, it will the best episode in Aust. harness racing.
    BBD - I hope that this episode does help to clean up the Industry and that more of a level playing field is established. To think however that this episode will clean up all low lifes and crooks throughout Australia is misguided. This is a NSW investigation only. Hopefully the problems that they have experienced are restricted only to their State but it would be naive to suggest that all other States have a level playing field in operation.

The problem that I see is that Joe Public who doesn't know much about Harness Racing that reads about this in the Papers or sees it on the News on TV will think that Harness Racing is a joke and that corruption has infiltrated through to the Stewards and Governance level of the sport. Why would they want to even contemplate becoming an owner or becoming involved in the sport or having a serious bet when doubt lingers in their mind over how clean the sport is?

Harness Racing NSW has no option but to go their hardest and clean it all up. I still maintain however that the episode is a dark chapter in Australian Harness Racing and does not diminish our damaging reputation as the 'Red Hots' or "Thieves on Wheels' one iota.

Senior Member Colt Mark Croatto will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mark croatto
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    G'day Trigger.
    ...The fake ID aspect here is not quite as fake as it may initially appear and old mate who was giving you a touch up has already been speared as you may have noticed. I'm pretty certain Admin. either knows for certain or has a very, very good idea about who each of the posters are. People should be accountable & they should realise that they are, couldn't agree more.
    G'day Big Fella

I can't see any reason for people posting under a nom de plume; from my perspective all it does is provide the opportunity to be that little bit braver when it comes to smearing others. It's the sole reason I left the site some time ago!

Regards

Mark

triplev123
    G'day Mark,

Initially I was going to run with Mother Theresa but in a strongly worded letter admin. stated that it wouldn't be allowed....(a staunch Catholic perhaps?)

Member Yearling JCT2011 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Interesting to also read that they could possibly be releasing names of the participants involved within the next few days....

I dont think i am going to be able to sleep.....

Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    G'day Trigger.
    I'd beg to differ with the viewpoint of this forum being a gathering of gloom & doom.
    The shorter term pain is not going to be particularly pleasant here in NSW as this whole sorry saga looks as though it still has a few more acts to play out...however as a number of posters including myself have already made note...this 'house cleaning' is in fact going to be a very good thing in the medium to longer term.
    The fake ID aspect here is not quite as fake as it may initially appear and old mate who was giving you a touch up has already been speared as you may have noticed. I'm pretty certain Admin. either knows for certain or has a very, very good idea about who each of the posters are. People should be accountable & they should realise that they are, couldn't agree more.
    Well said Sir!
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by trigger View Post
    you are still accountable for what you write even if you hide behind fake id.......
    Exactly... its called IP addresses. Funny how people think if they don't use their real name they can't be traced.

+ Reply to Thread