Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: BOOM.....McCarthy Positive.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Perhaps we should add the Colgate kid to the where are they now thread???
    That's a good idea!....that's why I started it.....just so we can find out what others are doing these days.........he is probably at Curl Curl surfing!

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by TSW View Post
    Funny how all the loudest voices have been banned or suspended for one flimsy reason or another. I have returned from a week in the sin bin because I stated that the next positive was to be BL's. Only BL. Not Barry Lew, not Bin Laden, not Brett Lee or not any name just BL and the precious moderators red carded me.
    Now everyone wants to back off because of the theory that there must be something wrong with the swab samples. Someone even stating " This swab is clearly an error at the lab or in the collection of the swab. As has been previously stated bolderone is long lasting and there is no way that a horse can test negative shortly before and shortly after and have a positive in between."
    So, someone can now question the integrity of the lab or whoever conducted the swab collection without conviction. It may well be the case but until it is reported publicly, posts like that should not be allowed to be published and should have been deleted as soon as detected by the Mods. Now that it is on public record that a L MaCarthy runner has shown an irregularity, I could say that 'Clearly L Mc adminstered a banned substance to his horse' and I would probably get outed again. Let's have a level playing field. Too many not so defamatory threads have been booted and posters been outed for making trivial comments. Someone needs to grow a pair and let some of the controversy through or your topics are all going to sound like fairy tales or butt kissing.
    Quite clearly you have still not read the rules under which this forum operates. Nor have you bothered to read the rules that have been specifically set out for this forum. They are readily available to all who wish to register and contribute constructively to the forums.
    Accordingly the rule in part which you breached and continually press the limits on I have printed below.

Hinting that somebody is or might be cheating is the same as saying it directly. We can all read between the lines and that type of carry on is not allowed.

The job of the moderators is to ensure comments made on this forum are civil, not demeaning, is not going bring legal action against any members of this forum nor the owners of Harnesslink. We do that by simply ensuring posts are consistent with the forums' rules. IMO I speak for all moderators that we are not intimidated by posts such as this and will continue to act in the best interests of the vast majority of members and management of HARNESSLINK.
    Last edited by teecee; 02-22-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Hey teecee, are you on duty this afternoon? It must be starting to get dark over there, you better put the lamb stew on the stove to warm up!

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    No just about to go work the team.
    .Get the barbie going after that...about 8.!! Sun still bright till 10:30 pm here

Banned Yearling TSW will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Tim Watson
    Let's assume there is an error with the testing equipment, what would that mean to other recent positives that have been detected by the same labs? Having one sample go to Lab A and detecting an irregularity, it makes obvious sense to send sample two go to Lab B for verification and this is the procedure anyway. If there is an error found, the whole testing procedure gets thrown on its head and all sorts of dramas unfold. Where will that all lead too?

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by TSW View Post
    Let's assume there is an error with the testing equipment, what would that mean to other recent positives that have been detected by the same labs? Having one sample go to Lab A and detecting an irregularity, it makes obvious sense to send sample two go to Lab B for verification and this is the procedure anyway. If there is an error found, the whole testing procedure gets thrown on its head and all sorts of dramas unfold. Where will that all lead too?
    This senario may not be quite correct, in the Smoken Up Inter case the first 2 control samples tested contaminated and the Lab blamed the machine. The sitting committee accepted this explanation by the Lab and you know the result, it's still going.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    Talking about the Colgate Kid, I was only reading the story behind the 1996 Inter Dominion final won by Young Mister Charles...........and the favourite was Sunshine Band driven by the "Colgate Kid".......it seems they were querying him back then about TCO2 levels in the heats.......but decided not to take any action!......it was a good report and brought back lots of memories.
    www.harness.org.au/inter/1996p_per.htm

Re, the Maclean Trotting Club there is no track north of Newcastle or east of Tamworth for Brad to go to, which makes it a remote position, his closest would be the Gold Coast.........probably 2.5 - 3 hours away.......thought HRNSW should look at a track up that way......maybe a seachange would be good for everybody!........How is Wagga Beach today?
    Brad could always skip down the road to Taree, there's a perfectly good half mile track at the Showground that has been lying idle for a while now, waiting for someone to get things going on the coast again BRAD!!
    There you go you've been nominated ans seconded!!

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    I think the fact the samples are tested a two different labs rules out contamination of the lab equipment. But it doesn't rule out contamination during the collection of the swab. What if the vet collecting the sample had used boldenone and the contaminants were on his hands??? It would explain two different trainers on the same night going positive.

Swabs have been contaminated by coffee before there was one last year.

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    It seems there is no hope of some of these old tracks racing again............in Victoria they have gone on a camapign to bring back to life some of the old tracks.........but it is business as usual in NSW, everything leads to Menangle, so who needs so many tracks when the punters just want to bet, and TAB turnover is the prime concern............There are so many tracks in the Riverina and out west, I'm sure something is going to give out that way soon! At the moment that is the place to be, it is thriving!

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    I think the fact the samples are tested a two different labs rules out contamination of the lab equipment. But it doesn't rule out contamination during the collection of the swab. What if the vet collecting the sample had used boldenone and the contaminants were on his hands??? It would explain two different trainers on the same night going positive.

Swabs have been contaminated by coffee before there was one last year.
    Tiny, using that logic, Our St Monica should have had a positive for boldenone as well!

Mach Wiper swabbed Race 6

Our St Monicha swabbed race 7

Karloo Kix swabbed race 9

Maybe it wasn't on the vets hands? maybe it was on his/her shirt sleeve?? and this accidentally touched intermittent samples??

+ Reply to Thread