PDA

View Full Version : ODDS AND ENDS - not worth a thread but worth a post

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Messenger
05-09-2014, 02:32 AM
This 2yo colt out of Bronte Jones rated 1.55.9 winning the 1st ht of the Vicbred Platinum Home Grown tonight at Bendigo beating the latest bling - Show Me The Bling.
http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-results.cfm?mc=BN080514&ms=vic#BNC08051409

This however is no more impressive than his previous 4th where he would have run sub 27 for the last Q 5wide after breaking early.
http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-results.cfm?mc=QB190314&ms=vic#QBC19031407

After that run he changed stables and ownership - anyone know what $ figure was paid? In the form analysis for tonight it suggests it was a big purchase - I really hope Ross Conway got a lot to give him up

If you check out his only other run
http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-results.cfm?mc=HS100314&ms=vic#HSC10031407
He was bolting then too.

Njcstables
05-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Kevin I heard last night it was a 6 figure sum. Not sure how correct. Well done to all concerned though, he looks a very nice colt in the making if he can put it all together. Runner up was a good effort also, very wayward in the straight. Looks like he will continue the brilliant run from that mare. Best of luck to Harvey and co there.

Messenger
05-15-2014, 11:04 PM
I do not know if we have had a 'non' thread like this before but if so, here we go again.

Sometimes you see/hear something that is worth sharing (to keep the board ticking over) but not really worth a thread SO this is where you post it

ODDS and END No.1

Not much chance of any horse catching Amajorjo at Maryborough today - he flew home in 53.3 (27.0, 26.3) after being able to cruise in front for the rest of the 2190m trip. Only 5 starters in the C7+ Leo Crameri helps explain it.

ps I am glad I changed my plans to do a 2 day road trip to Charlton Wednesday then Maryborough today with the lure of seeing Chilli Palmer for the first time - he was scratched from the above race.

Messenger
05-16-2014, 01:17 PM
The last race at Maryborough yesterday

No.3 5yoM Lifetime 53-4-8-7 Recent form 4921 Started $2.70
No.4 6yoG Lifetime 51-5-11-4 Recent form 1098 Started $86.20

You know who won

Messenger
05-16-2014, 04:41 PM
Any Mildura folk on board?
Today's meeting is listed as a Day meeting but in the Grampians it will be black at 6.01pm (the scheduled time of the last) - would it be the same up in the far north of the Murray?
ps I know they have lights - I reckon they would be on for the 2nd last too

Messenger
05-16-2014, 04:50 PM
Shane Cramp is listed to drive in Race 7 at 5.07 at Mildura
and Race 7 at 9.13 at Melton
He will be flyin or will he be flying :D

Greg Hando
05-17-2014, 12:27 AM
Alta Christiano smooth as silk in his effortless win at GP

Amlin
05-17-2014, 04:08 PM
Warragul Harness Club are offering a unique opportunity to get involved in race sponsorship for their next meeting on Mon May 26 - they are currently selling naming rights to the races on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/331204696847?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Messenger
05-17-2014, 04:17 PM
Alta Christiano smooth as silk in his effortless win at GP
and that was the first of five winners in a row trained by Gary Hall Snr

Messenger
05-19-2014, 08:00 PM
David Farrar took his season's winners from 2 to 5 by winning 3 in a row at Cobram today - good days work David

Big K
05-20-2014, 02:17 PM
Not wanting to argue about it but I thought race 4 at Pinjarra yesterday was a big plus for sprintlanes.Longshot draws 7..drags back to last..runs up to 3 back the pegs..all horses have the opportunity to pull out and get some momentum up before the inside horses get an opportunity to sprint.with no sprintlane the winner would have run around 5th.Great to see all horses on a loose rein up the straight..Have a look when the replay becomes available..as for some reason it sometimes takes forever for race replays to be put up for WA races!!

Cheers K

Messenger
05-20-2014, 05:28 PM
I have quoted you in the Sprint lane thread K as I think you make a fair point.

Messenger
05-22-2014, 02:08 AM
Desdon Murruffy brought up David Murphy's 15th training win for the season at Ballarat tonight. Murruffy is most appropriate as Murph is a beauty at Ruffy's - it paid $18.90 and I reckon that would be roundabout the average for his 15 winners this season. David definitely provides good value for his followers.

Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild
05-24-2014, 12:44 AM
Gee Gumdrops has become my 2nd favourite horse over the last couple of months. Nathan Jack, love him or loathe him, drove her to perfection.

Richard prior
05-24-2014, 01:31 AM
Gee Gumdrops has become my 2nd favourite horse over the last couple of months. Nathan Jack, love him or loathe him, drove her to perfection.

Same here Leigh, Fantastic win!!

LisaB25
05-24-2014, 03:33 AM
Another big night for hall camp @ gp..
Quinny awesome again wet track and home in 26.9 & 27.8
And alta christiano equally impressive..1.56 over the long trip
Haven't had much competition but winning impressively.
Hope they can stay sound and both head east for features.

The Escape Club
05-24-2014, 03:59 AM
Panella (5) and Morris (4) drive 9 of the 10 at Newcastle tonight, neither of them had a drive in the only race they didn't win between them.

Messenger
05-24-2014, 05:44 PM
Bad enough for Lance in trying to work out how to beat the sprint lane without having to worry about a pair of runners from the same stable

ps Chilli has the x factor our sport needs

Smoken
05-24-2014, 10:00 PM
At least Lance eased whipping the Champ at least 50m before the post. I'm still shocked he is still racing after all those years of brutal racing! Mind boggling really!

brent_L
05-27-2014, 04:09 PM
Just watched Sat nights open class race from Brisbane. Boy oh boy is Avonnova gonna play a big role in their upcoming carnival. U just don't work 3 wide to the chair in a good lead time, park, then run away from your rivals in a 54.7 rate.....gobsmacking. If he draws a gate where he can utilise his gs I'll be more than happy to take him to roll the big guns.

Richard prior
05-27-2014, 10:32 PM
Just watched Sat nights open class race from Brisbane. Boy oh boy is Avonnova gonna play a big role in their upcoming carnival. U just don't work 3 wide to the chair in a good lead time, park, then run away from your rivals in a 54.7 rate.....gobsmacking. If he draws a gate where he can utilise his gs I'll be more than happy to take him to roll the big guns.
He'll be a tough nut to crack on his home track, Last weeks run was massive.

trish
05-28-2014, 02:22 PM
http://www.harness.org.au/news-article.cfm?news_id=23600

trish
05-28-2014, 02:24 PM
http://www.harness.org.au/news-article.cfm?news_id=23599

Messenger
05-29-2014, 10:00 PM
Desdon Murruffy brought up David Murphy's 15th training win for the season at Ballarat tonight. Murruffy is most appropriate as Murph is a beauty at Ruffy's - it paid $18.90 and I reckon that would be roundabout the average for his 15 winners this season. David definitely provides good value for his followers.
Came out and won the final of this at Horsham today and still paid $14.90

Messenger
06-02-2014, 02:27 AM
This 2yo continues to impress - working to the lead then running a 26.7 last Q. I hope it was 6 figures as he has already won $43k+ for the new connections with 3/3.

Njcstables
06-02-2014, 02:46 AM
Plus the 7k vicbred bonus. That's half there money back in 3 starts.

Gtrain
06-04-2014, 06:53 PM
Wagga Sat race 7 no 8. Gee it'd take a power of beating in that race. Seems well graded...

aussiebreno
06-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Wagga Sat race 7 no 8. Gee it'd take a power of beating in that race. Seems well graded...
Lol nice one :cool:

Messenger
06-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Last start winner Major Charge won again for the Caldows at Yarra Glen today and paid $25 !
For those who are on the lookout for when sensational last start winner Minda Under Fire runs again, you should have been on this one today - the dam of Major Charge is a half sister to Minda Under Fire

Toohard
06-09-2014, 08:21 PM
COT...dammed if you do, dammed if you don't?

COT notification today - "HAMILTON - Tactics notification R5 N2 GAME DELIVER - Intention to secure and hold the lead, circumstances permitting."

Did just that. 2nd favourite, got front and held. Beaten 11m (5th or 6th) in track record 1.53.9 over 1660m.

Why QDT??:confused:

Messenger
06-09-2014, 10:06 PM
I watched that one live on Sky Paul (would have gone except the main race was too late to get home before the kangaroos and wallabies hit the roads) I knew they were going fast but didn't realize it was that fast. It was a super run by the odds on fave in the death but if he had let Australian Bite across he probably would have won

Messenger
06-10-2014, 04:58 PM
http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia/Amanda-Turnball-and-Amanda-Grieve-

It should read Turnbull but typo aside, in my db I have Amanda down as having now trained 3 winners in Vic this season, not just having trained her first - does anyone know if I am definitely wrong (I could have mixed up AS/Steve with AJ but I do not think so as I have her entered as Amanda)

Messenger
06-10-2014, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the pm Breno, I don't know how I made that error - with her driving for A.S all the time I will assume I got the trainer and driver mixed up and give Steve 2 more in Vic. I am still not really believing it for how did I have her down as training from Shepparton if she should not have been in the db until the Bendigo win? And is that right (for NSWs leading driver0?

Apologies for rambling on but I like to think my db is accurate

Messenger
06-11-2014, 03:16 AM
There was a $621 runner in the claimer at Kilmore tonight - longest shot I have seen for awhile.

and was Claimed

brent_L
06-11-2014, 03:21 AM
There was a $621 runner in the claimer at Kilmore tonight - longest shot I have seen for awhile.
Am I missing something- 620/1 and it was claimed??

Messenger
06-11-2014, 03:42 AM
At only $2k maybe somebody was doing some last minute birthday shopping for their daughter ;)

It was very cold in Kilmore tonight - maybe that explains the ordinary times all night

brent_L
06-11-2014, 03:43 AM
Just had a quick look......mid tote that horse was $62 so I think it's safe to say it was a typo Kev. $62 not $621

Pena
06-13-2014, 03:11 PM
Does anyone have an opinion on the protest on Race 3 @ Charlton yesterday? I was absolutely staggered it was not upheld. I have seen protest in Victoria upheld for minor interference @ the bell upheld and I thought there was no doubt this one would have overturned the winner.

Danno
06-13-2014, 04:27 PM
Does anyone have an opinion on the protest on Race 3 @ Charlton yesterday? I was absolutely staggered it was not upheld. I have seen protest in Victoria upheld for minor interference @ the bell upheld and I thought there was no doubt this one would have overturned the winner.

Just had a look Jack and it's a mystery to me as well, stewards comments were "Nonno Medoro" also hung in, and he was laying in a bit all the way but when they locked wheels the leader left the pegs very sharply and at least half a cart. I reckon the connections of the second placed horse can count themselves a bit hard done by there.

Richard prior
06-13-2014, 04:59 PM
That's a disgrace, No doubt what so ever the 2nd horse was going to win the race and clearly the winner has rolled off the fence and caused the wheels to lock and has taken all the momentum from the 2nd horse. Race 3 in the afternoon is a bit early for the beer googles but it appears the steward had them on.

Messenger
06-14-2014, 01:59 PM
Ash you had better start waxing lyrical about the trotters - there are so many trots races nowadays I might need you to convert me.
Three last night at Melton and three tonight at Ballarat!

Boydy
06-16-2014, 06:46 PM
Talk about a experience that makesyou reassess your participation in the industry.

Had a horse shatter a leg @ Newcastle that had to be euthenised.

Does not happen very often in harness racing but hard to take.

Richard prior
06-16-2014, 07:23 PM
Real sorry to hear that Adam.

aussiebreno
06-16-2014, 07:34 PM
Talk about a experience that makesyou reassess your participation in the industry.

That's terrible Adam. Sorry to hear that.

Toohard
06-16-2014, 09:55 PM

Thats crap news Adam. Sorry to hear that.

Maorisidol
06-17-2014, 01:50 AM
Ash you had better start waxing lyrical about the trotters - there are so many trots races nowadays I might need you to convert me.
Three last night at Melton and three tonight at Ballarat!
Sorry Kev, i'm a few days late on your request!
Last weekend old news now but today nicely showed how those "useless trotters" can make you a dollar if u watch, but really watch whats goin on!
Race 1 Qld today.
Winner pays $81 on Supertab, Exacta $671 Tri $547 and First 4 actually a disappointing $2732.
Watch the replay of her first start last week. SFF gave the leader about 40-50m headstart, didn't make up too much ground beaten by that horse by about 35odd metres. That horse No Bones About It doesn't mind galloping at start, last week went away well did well beaten by far better horse. This week Amelia Pond would b better for 1 race in SS experience, fitness and as you do with trotters hope that lucks on your side.
Today No Bones loses the odd 50 at the start, Amelia leads and IMPORTANTLY as she did last week, trots, doesn't gallop, only has to beat the 50m back marker Last Sunrise who has done a lot of work...
Bingo, its time for 3 trotters races at Menangle.
Race 1 not much happening fourth horse puts me out of first 4.
race 2 As you master Kevin have showed recently, odds on pops go down about 50% of the time, great first 4, great Tri
race 3 3rd horse puts me out
Horsham trot another odds on with a 50% chance? nope about 10-25% chance i reckon, good ability but mental case will either win or near last with better chance of last than first, finishes 144m from winner. First 4 $3200.
However didn't have 1 freakin dollar on anything!
Got pumped at work today didn't see any races until replays on iPhone about 4pm! Have gone thru 2 boxes of tissues so far...
Without a word of a lie could very well have been a 40k plus day.
Some days things all just go as you hoped/planned, of course many other days they don't. And these are the days of our lives!!! lol.

Messenger
06-17-2014, 01:32 PM
Ash I am not sure if I am becoming interested in the trotters or whether your writing is just too good to stop reading.

dmac43
06-17-2014, 06:46 PM
Kotare Roland a bit stiff being made 1st Emergency a week after winning FFA. Amajorjo gets a start ahead of it after winning m1 to m3.

brent_L
06-20-2014, 09:12 PM
G.Hall Snr's got plenty of other horses young Clint can gain experience with but he shouldn't be driving Quinny just yet, Nobody knows the horse like Jnr and young Clint was found out big time when the speed went on.
Tonight seems like a better fit for Clint than last weeks race.......still scratching my head Richard!

Chariots
06-20-2014, 10:05 PM
Clinton is actually older than Gary Jnr. and has held a licence for many years. Hardly inexperienced.

Richard prior
06-20-2014, 10:39 PM
Young Clinton is younger than me Ray, Bloody hell I'm starting to sound old lol. I think it's more the association that Jnr has with Quinny and I guess it's good to have a back up plan or driver and it was totally Snr's call on that particular occasion but really, Nobody knows the horse like Jnr.

brent_L
06-20-2014, 10:49 PM
Clinton is actually older than Gary Jnr. and has held a licence for many years. Hardly inexperienced.
FYI the reason given by the Hall camp last week was for Clint to gain some 'experience'!! And I'm very aware he is some 6 years older than Gary.

Njcstables
06-21-2014, 10:41 AM
Looking at the Albion park fields tonight and notice grant Dixon has 19 starters for the night including an incredible 7 in the group 2 priemiers cup. Can anyone ever remember a trainer having so many runners in a group race before? Vaguely recall p. manning having 6 in a feature 2 yo race years ago. Maybe g. Tindale the same in Perth.

Richard prior
06-21-2014, 11:21 AM
What's up with the replay of Quinny's race??? Will probably have to wait until Monday now.

Smoken
06-21-2014, 04:30 PM
Looks as though MHC really made it very hard for Quinny to get past him. I personally believe Quinny will be nowhere near those odds when he heads to Brissy. Avannova is the horse they have to beat over there! What a transformation from that horse!

Richard prior
06-24-2014, 10:28 PM
Anybody got any feed back from the Echuca Dispersal Sale??

Messenger
06-24-2014, 11:15 PM
Yeah, I would love to know where a couple of them ended up too Rich

Messenger
06-25-2014, 02:11 AM
An unusual one - the 2nd at Bendigo tonight, for a couple of reasons.

We don't often see a 2yo in a C0 event, nevertheless Kept Under Wraps with a perfect record from his 4 starts apart from 4th to Follow The Stars in the APG final was sent out $1.10 fav !

He was beaten by a first starter, Allies Mate, having his first ever start as a late 4yo who paid the juicy dividend of $53.50 to bring up Jason Donohue's first winner as a trainer/part owner for the year - maybe his first winner ever (he did not train one last yr). You would think the stable would have to had most of that dividend as you just have to support your horse in its first ever start. 1.56.7 is not a bad MR for your first ever run/win

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-results.cfm?mc=BN240614&ms=vic#BNC24061404

Richard prior
06-26-2014, 09:27 PM
Been getting the National Trotguide for a few years now and initially I really enjoyed it but the current version takes about 5-10 minutes to read and it's hardly worth buying, I wish the editors could put a few more feature story's in it or something of interest.

Messenger
06-26-2014, 10:18 PM
Same goes for Harness Racing Weekly Rich, they need more feature stories and less basic form guides - which most can access off the net or at the TAB

Richard prior
06-26-2014, 10:49 PM
Totally agree Kev, Keep the fields but dispense with the form, It's really easy to access elsewhere. It would be great to see a few more feature pages on the pacers and trotters and I remember a few years ago, The expat horses racing in Nth America would get a mention, This was always very interesting. Fairly sure that some of the bigger breeders or even the studs would have no problems giving a little feed back on their goings on and which stallions they would be considering for their mares for the upcoming season. There's a whole range of things that could be touched on and I always find the young horses of both gaits very interesting and then you have the superstar performers and the up and comers.

Messenger
06-27-2014, 02:18 AM
Zero favourites successful at Swan Hill tonight

Smoken
06-28-2014, 09:57 PM
Blacks A Fake will be the special guest of the Albion Park Harness Racing Club on July 19 paving the way for a fantastic opportunity to witness the two greatest pacers of the modern era at the same time.

Both Champs, but they seem to be forgetting about some beast called Trigger.. Gets on my nerves...

Smoken
06-29-2014, 12:13 AM
Avonova is definitely the horse to beat throughout the QLD Winter Carnival. I can't believe how this horse has improved!

Messenger
06-29-2014, 02:25 AM
Lance Justice: 6 drives at Cranbourne tonight for 3 winners and 3 seconds.

Richard prior
06-29-2014, 02:34 AM
Some Stalions can leave their progeny that way Greg, A lot of Christian Cullen's go early and don't live up to expectations later in their careers and on the other hand, Some Stallions progeny take a while to get going and improve as they get older but there are always exceptions to this rule.

Smoken
06-29-2014, 03:57 PM
Lance Justice: 6 drives at Cranbourne tonight for 3 winners and 3 seconds.

Great effort! Could Phil Monty possibly be Lance's best up n coming horse? I think he is a very nice horse. Machin Out is bursting to win one soon slim with a few others Lance has.

Maorisidol
07-01-2014, 12:52 AM
Bendigo trials Sunday
trotters,
Winner, My Dads a Ten, born 2009
3rd place, Prettygirl Lassie born 2005
last place a 2YO Gloriadon. born 2011
ALL 3 have the same mum!!!
Glory Lass.

Ya don't see that too often!

Messenger
07-01-2014, 01:07 AM
Sounds like a family picnic meeting :D

Messenger
07-02-2014, 12:50 AM
Been told all Skys non-racing programs are getting the chop. I don't have Foxtel so don't know if that is news or history. Just when I am getting Bigpond (long Telstra story) and would have the Gb to watch them :(

Messenger
07-03-2014, 01:52 AM
Crazy Dave rated 1.55.5 tonight at Ballarat - nice going by a C3 horse and $9.30 was a fair divvie for a last start winner coming out of gate 5

Smoken
07-05-2014, 02:35 AM
Fantastic run by David Hercules. I'd like to see him race @ Menangle and Melton. He sure is a highly talented specimen!

p plater
07-05-2014, 12:58 PM
Interesting that NSW has not posted a Stewards Report for any meeting since last Sundays meeting.........very slack work guys

Messenger
07-05-2014, 02:15 PM
They're probably only lagging by one really Bailey. There was no Monday meeting and Tuesday's IS up. So if Wed's Bathurst was up they would only be their usual one (Thur) behind

p plater
07-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Thanks Kev, Menangle Tuesday was not up when I posted.

Messenger
07-05-2014, 08:23 PM
I am 2hr+ up the highway but if it is anything like here at Melton tonight it will be crowd downer (then again I am venturing out to the Stawell Trotting Club)

Richard prior
07-06-2014, 10:22 AM
Very strange on a night where Empire Stallions sponsored every Group 1 race at Melton, Sky racing keeps running an add for Auckland Reactor who stands at Alabar in NZ, This is a real kick in the guts for David James.

Messenger
07-06-2014, 01:17 PM
I have a little gripe too. What is the point of listing colours if they are not correct. I do not know what Race 3 Fav Tara Toplady was wearing but it definitely was not yellow and green.
If it was some promo colours - well if it has not been promoted before hand, you know what you can do with them

Smoken
07-06-2014, 05:47 PM
Fearless Leader sure is another who has blossomed big time!

Amlin
07-07-2014, 12:48 PM
Well known Victorian studmaster Bill Hanson has passed away. No doubt the best horse he stood at Homevale Stud was the brilliant Maori's Idol, who was based at the farm for 16 years.

Smoken
07-07-2014, 05:27 PM
Mighty Trigger will be kicking of his interstate farewell your, starting by leaving for Adelaide on the 17th, to race on the 19th.
It will be so exciting and sad at the same time. As Trigger 'himself' said, no expectations.
Fantastic way for fans to farewell this Legend called Smoken Up.

jackthepunter
07-11-2014, 01:16 AM
that's always been a great trait under current ceo at hrv/all departments involved their unbelievable communication between themselves and participates regarding any issue.

jackthepunter
07-11-2014, 09:25 PM
why is it that every nz horse that comes here has to get my or our infront of their name?

Messenger
07-11-2014, 09:53 PM
why is it that every nz horse that comes here has to get my or our infront of their name?
Because the name already exists over here - in the case of Arya they only beat him to it by a couple of months but that would not matter anyway. You would think we should consider a common names registrar between the 2 countries.

jackthepunter
07-11-2014, 10:04 PM
Because the name already exists over here - in the case of Arya they only beat him to it by a couple of months but that would not matter anyway. You would think we should consider a common names registrar between the 2 countries.

that would be common sense. doesnt seem to exist these days.

Messenger
07-12-2014, 01:21 PM
If Cranbourne really needed to put an R0 on the card tonight, then it should have been the last race

Messenger
07-12-2014, 01:28 PM
$50k races at Menangle that exclude the best horses :confused:

Mighty Atom
07-13-2014, 05:14 PM
My new Avatar is of champion W.A.mare of the seventies Dainty's Daughter.

Messenger
07-13-2014, 06:09 PM
Follow the Rod lead everybody - we want more avatars

p plater
07-14-2014, 08:34 PM
See Smoken Up at Menangle this week for his farewell........good luck Champ and thanks for some of the greatest moments in harness racing at this track.

Messenger
07-17-2014, 01:56 AM
Good racing at Horsham today and we even had 50% sunshine. The Manning family took the honours with half the card between them
Electric Ollie was a VG win for Kerryn when he was forced to go 4w earlier than expected and if you like competitive, tactical races even when over a short trip then check out race 6

One criticism of the day would be that either the club or Mediatec have to get there act together as you should have a designated race replay screen on track as so many of us want to have another look straight after the race and they could not even get a screen working in the stable area.

The moment is lost and you may as well wait until you get home if the best available is having to wait half an hour to get it on your phone. I am not sure about the stable area but I know that this has been a problem in the grandstand lounge for at least a year.

ps Too much negativity there. A big Congratulations to the club for making it free admittance like Stawell. (Numbers are so low nowadays I have never thought charging would even prove to be profitable after you subtract a wage) Maybe Hamilton will follow the trend

Messenger
07-17-2014, 11:58 AM
Am I the only dunce on here. In case I am not and like me you have been known to miss something, well Brendan has pointed out to me that
All we have to do is CLICK ON NEW POSTS in the top left hand corner when you log on and you will not miss anything. Thanks a again Brendan

brent_L
07-17-2014, 01:22 PM
Nice work.
Signed: fellow dunce

Smoken
07-17-2014, 06:59 PM
What seriously shits me is- people asking/demanding that Lance hands over the 2011 Interdominion rug & trophy!
Would you want it, knowing, regardless what transpired,
Trigger earned that fair and square! These people make out that Trigger was a one
Hit wonder.. HATERS WILL KEEP ON HATING ON THE MAC
DADDY otherwise known as Trigger ;)

teecee
07-17-2014, 08:44 PM
What seriously shits me is- people asking/demanding that Lance hands over the 2011 Interdominion rug & trophy!
Would you want it, knowing, regardless what transpired,
Trigger earned that fair and square! These people make out that Trigger was a one
Hit wonder.. HATERS WILL KEEP ON HATING ON THE MAC
DADDY otherwise known as Trigger ;)

I have received several PM complaining about issues made in the above post.
I am drawn to comment on the claims made in the previous post. I should normally delete such an ill informed post but in this sole instance, to illustrate my point I am going to leave it.
Issue 1..
The claims made are factually incorrect.
Smoken Up raced and was first past the post in the 2011 Interdominion Final.
He adjudged to have performed with a prohibited substance in his system.
As per the rules under which the race was run, Smoken Up was subsequently disqualified following a hearing by independent judges under those rules and the rules of Harness Racing New Zealand.
Their decision, after hearing all the evidence of both sides, to disqualify Smoken Up from the race was upheld on appeal to a Racing appeals Tribunal constituted under the rules of Harness acing New Zealand.
Their decision was further vindicated following a judicial review by the High Court of New Zealand.
Although some may neither like nor accept it, the 2011 Interdominion series and the final race were run under the rules of Harness Racing New Zealand.
It is those rules that Smoken Up raced under and was subsequently found to have breached.

Issue 2..
Smoken up Was bred and initially raced in New Zealand. The same applies to (I'm)themightyquinn.
We can all acknowledge what these and the many other great horses that make harness racing what it was, is and will be in the future.
this forum was set up as a resource for harness racing and it does the forum absolutely no credit to have to read ill informed nonsense continually regurgitated to push one point of view over an other. Have your say on the issue, respect the other viewpoint and move on. Be sure to have your facts correct to back up your opinion.

Posts which offer nothing substantively new to the discussion are only filling space and wasting readers' time.
They will be deleted as repetitive and negatively argumentative.

aussiebreno
07-17-2014, 10:48 PM
http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/commonwealth-games/reasons-usain-bolt-is-the-worlds-fastest-man/story-fnnx3zsr-1226992489417

Found point 4 interesting. I'm no horseman but obviously many horseman like to take note of a yearlings front legs when buying at the sales.IApplies with humans too apparently.

Richard prior
07-18-2014, 01:13 AM
Anyone notice that Smoken's been Banned????????!!

Messenger
07-18-2014, 01:20 AM
That is surprising as we were pm' ing each other earlier and he seemed sweet

Any chance of an explanation Mods? Not to be nosey - it is just a bit creepy when someone just 'disappears'

Messenger
07-18-2014, 01:41 AM
Grinfromeartoear adds 2 more winning starters to his list at Ballarat tonight including the 3yo first starter Jilliby Jagger (1.57.7) for the Cravens - that family know how to breed them.
All the Grin's I see at the races always seem to be strong, well put together types. I haven't read my new conformation book yet so for now I will call them Ruck Rovers :)

Amlin
07-20-2014, 05:54 PM
Found this one on YouTube - a profile of Kylie Harrison when she was a top young race driver, now of course Kylie is a member of the Stewards panel in Victoria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vftBR0lByE&list=UUjLrCAqZ2dZHNiPtm31BEWw

Messenger
07-26-2014, 01:12 AM
To keep things manageable a new Odds and Ends thread

Post away

Messenger
07-26-2014, 02:22 AM
Having started this I had better put something in here.
A repeat grizzle about what I am guessing were promo colours.
In no shape or form did Gavin Lang on Our Femme Fatale wear yellow tonight
And yes it did not matter as the Sky coverage named her as she raced near the lead (but had yellow colours next to her name)
But if she had not some of us who are deaf or in a noisy TAB rely on the colours to pick up horses.
Rightio now someone can post that it was for charity and make me feel like an ass

On a positive note - don't forget the 2yo fillies Breeders Crown heats at Ballarat tomorrow

teecee
07-26-2014, 09:41 PM
Please think seriously when you post a new "one Off" comment.
If you ask a question you are likely to get one or more replies. That's going to start a discussion. Hence a thread. Not for here.
If your going to post something controversial. It's likely to draw one or more replies.
hence a thread. Not for here.
If your going to post a gripe or cheer emanating from your back pocket. It's almost bound to draw comments and create a thread. Not for here.
It's accepted that you may post a comment that is generally considered not to make a big splash. That's fine. Version 2 was never going to fit when a question is asked on a topic which always draws discussion at every instance.

Messenger
07-26-2014, 09:48 PM
Does it really matter that much TC?
We want people posting, replying and viewing and Odds and Ends certainly seem to achieve that
If you are reading it each night can't you just create a thread for something that evolved into a topic (like the Attard suspension did)

trish
07-26-2014, 10:03 PM
http://www.harnessracingforum.com/images/icons/icon3.png What Happens When You Go Too Fast or Slow Even With an Unblemished 40 years Career. (http://www.harnessracingforum.com/showthread.php?6360-What-Happens-When-You-Go-Too-Fast-or-Slow-Even-With-an-Unblemished-40-years-Career.)

Why is this thread closed?
I hope Messengers " Odds and ends " is more successful than Harry Potter.

teecee
07-26-2014, 11:05 PM
This is not about any of what you mention. It is about putting your views into the right thread, not just dumping them any old wherever.
Some people appreciate that I am trying to make up individual threads for readers to follow the many dialogues ongoing.

If your posts are deleted it's nothing personal. You simply didn't follow the rules. They are the rules you agreed to follow when you signed up. With that in mind the rules require you to post discussion on issues not people or personalities. Your post above is taken as a direct attack on me. Hence it has been deleted. Move on.

Mighty Atom
07-27-2014, 12:50 AM
]I found a newspaper clip dated 6/12/1967. Its a picture of the champion local mare Dainty's Daughter in a morning workout at GP with her late trainer/reinsman Bernie Cushing in preparation for the big Christmas events that year. No helmets required when driving fastwork back then hence Bernie's hat heading skyward. These were the days when journalists and photographer would turn up at the track and trials to get a story. It's out of leftfield but thought it interesting enough, but nowhere to post except odds and ends.

Richard prior
07-27-2014, 12:58 AM
Perfect place for the photo Rod, I like the hat, It looks exactly like the ones the Dee's used to wear in Homicide or Division 4, Same era anyway.

Mighty Atom
07-27-2014, 01:06 AM
Perfect place for the photo Rod, I like the hat, It looks exactly like the ones the Dee's used to wear in Homicide or Division 4, Same era anyway.

Hi Rich,
Bernie was the perfect gentleman but he certainly had the Dee look when he wore those hats.

Messenger
07-28-2014, 03:13 AM
Only 6 races at Cranbourne tonight with 5 faves and a second fav winning and 4 were very short: $1.40, $1.30, $1.20, $1.20
I can't imagine they do much for turnover

teecee
07-28-2014, 08:41 PM
After a tidy up Odds and Ends thread have now been merged under Odds and Ends Worth a Post but not a thread.
Thank you for your patience

Messenger
07-28-2014, 08:46 PM
Matty Craven had 6 drives on the 7 race program at Stawell today and he drove 4 winners - he is pretty bloody good

The average price of his 4 winners was $17

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-results.cfm?mc=SW280714&ms=vic

Messenger
07-28-2014, 10:48 PM
Only 7 races at Stawell and yet we had 3 trainers win their first for the season
Congratulations to David Sweatman, Joanne Franklin and Chris Svanosio
(Rebecca East won her second for the season)

Richard prior
07-28-2014, 11:02 PM
That's always good to see Kev.

Messenger
08-01-2014, 08:59 PM
It will be cold at Ballarat tonight!

Smoken
08-02-2014, 12:30 AM
Sure is cooolddddd today!

Messenger
08-03-2014, 12:46 AM
Good return by Jaccka Clive tonight suggests the FFAers will have a bit more competition.
It would seem as though his dam who is also the dam of Our Malabar never had the chance to prove how good a broodmare she may have been.
She died at 8 before these two even raced and going on how many of this family/breeder died on the same day, it is unlikely it was of natural causes :(

Amlin
08-03-2014, 01:20 AM
Grass racing will be showcased on SKY2 tomorrow from Deagon in Queensland, and a good program has been put together. Why couldn't this be tried in Victoria?

http://www.deagontrots.com.au/

Smoken
08-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Poor Ginger Bliss..

Courtesy twitter
Trots:
“@ghall27: Ginger Bliss smashed his cannon bone. Not career ending yet - but will be operated on tomorrow & rest for 6 months.”

Messenger
08-05-2014, 01:05 AM
I know we are talking late 3yo's but the Maryborough track must have been very fast today as Barimah made it 2 wins from 2 starts when he worked to the lead and rated 1.55.8 today.
Game We Play never left the fence but coming from last at the 400m he possibly broke 27sec for his last Q

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-results.cfm?mc=MH040814&ms=vic#MHC04081403

Both horses out of fast 'dames' - Classy Sheila and Pink Fur Dice :)

Smoken
08-05-2014, 06:52 PM
I hope Cblaster, Gbliss, Mindarie Priddy get back to there full health. I just read that Priddy has been suffering from that dreadful disease Laminitis :(

aussiebreno
08-07-2014, 08:45 PM
Watching max music on mtv and they have top 100 aussie rock songs. Coming in at no 3 was Midnight Oils Power and the Passion. Whilst taking a keen interest in what Garrett must describe as dancing I caught a glimpse of what I believe was Vin Knights colours putting a gap on them at what looked to be Moonee Valley. Wow!!! Glory days.

Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild
08-07-2014, 09:13 PM
I once saw Teddy Demmlers colours on The Sullivans many moons ago. I cant remember if he was on the episode though. Skyring Boy was the horse if memory serves.

Richard prior
08-07-2014, 10:13 PM
Watching max music on mtv and they have top 100 aussie rock songs. Coming in at no 3 was Midnight Oils Power and the Passion. Whilst taking a keen interest in what Garrett must describe as dancing I caught a glimpse of what I believe was Vin Knights colours putting a gap on them at what looked to be Moonee Valley. Wow!!! Glory days.
Poppy I reckon Breno!!

Amlin
08-07-2014, 10:37 PM
Yes Vin and Poppy during the drum solo from memory! There is a heap of random TV footage from the period throughout the film clip - actually quite interesting to look back at.

Messenger
08-08-2014, 11:51 PM
Apart from Mr Cramp dominating Mildura again today (4wins and 4seconds) it was good to see that the other 4 races produced first of the season wins for 2 trainers while the other 2 races notched up second for the season for 2 trainers

Messenger
08-09-2014, 02:38 PM
I once saw Teddy Demmlers colours on The Sullivans many moons ago. I cant remember if he was on the episode though. Skyring Boy was the horse if memory serves.

You have to go to Introduce yourself thread Leigh to see Ted's comprehensive reply

http://www.harnessracingforum.com/showthread.php?6411-Ted-Demmler&p=34916#post34916

Richard prior
08-09-2014, 08:17 PM
Thought I must have been in a coma and awoken last night, Jason Bonnington is on the box saying that Keayang Steamer is a Superstar, Not just yet Jason, He may well end up being one but he's definitley not there yet.

jackthepunter
08-09-2014, 09:38 PM
Thought I must have been in a coma and awoken last night, Jason Bonnington is on the box saying that Keayang Steamer is a Superstar, Not just yet Jason, He may well end up being one but he's definitley not there yet. wouldn't take any notice of what he says, can't pick his nose let alone a winner. Only have to listen to him on radio.Like most of the mouth pieces in the sport they only state the obivous,never go agaist the tide and don't have their own opinions for fear of upseting someone

Mighty Atom
08-09-2014, 10:33 PM
Like to congratulate Trevor Wright on a brilliant performance by his horse Go West U Terror last night at G.P. 1:57:3 over 2536 metres, you really have him firing Trev and I reckon there are more wins in store.

Messenger
08-10-2014, 01:43 AM
http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-results.cfm?mc=BN090814&ms=vic#BNC09081408
2yo's (NZ 3yo's) running 26.3 Quarters at Bendigo

The Escape Club
08-10-2014, 02:03 AM
Winners of races 3,4 and 5 at Albion Park tonight.

Emperor Montana/Montana Falcon/Falcon Chief.

Messenger
08-10-2014, 02:25 AM

Well spotted Robert
Even if you had cottoned onto the pattern in time for the 5th you would have made a killing as the odds were

$1.90 - $9.90 - $78.90

Richard prior
08-10-2014, 02:32 AM
You have to go to Introduce yourself thread Leigh to see Ted's comprehensive reply

http://www.harnessracingforum.com/showthread.php?6411-Ted-Demmler&p=34916#post34916
Fantastic race Kev, Great to see Follow the Stars back and how good did te filly Linda Lovegrace go?? She's a super filly and the Breeders Crown finals are going to be sensational.

Richard prior
08-10-2014, 02:48 AM

Terrific Rob, I've known a few people that have backed running names like that over the years.

Toohard
08-11-2014, 12:30 AM
Race 8 tonight Ballarat. Thank you ball boys, thank you umpires....

Messenger
08-11-2014, 02:04 AM
Saw that Paul - I will resurrect his thread

Messenger
08-11-2014, 09:52 PM
2yo winner at Warragul today, Glenferrie Boss (a grand-daughter of Tupelo Rose) is bred 2x3 In The Pocket. You do not often see them bred 'that close' nowadays.

Big K
08-12-2014, 03:52 PM
Geez I freakin hate how long it takes WA to put up race replays from their meetings.Really want to watch a race from Pinjarra yesterday but no! still not up!! yes it is "Wait Awhile" here.

Messenger
08-12-2014, 04:02 PM
Geez I freakin hate how long it takes WA to put up race replays from their meetings.Really want to watch a race from Pinjarra yesterday but no! still not up!! yes it is "Wait Awhile" here.
If you have a TAB account go to Sky racing - I think they might come up faster there or better still you can watch them live (uses more broadband mind you)
http://skyracing.com.au/index.php?component=content&Itemid=37&id=63

Smoken
08-12-2014, 11:43 PM
Triggers racing this Friday night :)
KC has the perfect draw, but from what Lance has been saying, he will not have a stroll in the park how he has been recently! Great night of racing!

trish
08-13-2014, 05:39 PM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/racing/10375251/Controversial-bicarbonate-rule-change-scrapped

aussiebreno
08-13-2014, 07:12 PM
http://www.harness.org.au/news-article.cfm?news_id=24186

Are people actually interested in reading about a trainer who has received multiple positive swabs training horses that have had races taken off them for positives?

trish
08-13-2014, 08:53 PM
http://www.harness.org.au/news-article.cfm?news_id=24186

are people actually interested in reading about a trainer who has received multiple positive swabs training horses that have had races taken off them for positives?

DEFINATELY NOT!!!!

Must have run out of other people to write about.

Race For Fun
08-13-2014, 09:05 PM
And it's on the NSW Authority Web Site. Would rather read about painting tips.

Danno
08-13-2014, 10:38 PM
And it's on the NSW Authority Web Site

Geez, giving your age away there Toni!!;)

Race For Fun
08-13-2014, 11:17 PM
Oops sorry but you know what I mean......l just don't think this is a good look.

trish
08-14-2014, 06:51 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bu9nsY0CIAEUwC7.jpg:large

Look at the crowd....1972.
Copied it from HRNSW twitter.

Smoken
08-14-2014, 10:48 PM
What a fantastic pic! Wasn't even born yet :) When did the crowds start dying down noticeably?

Smoken
08-15-2014, 11:34 PM
The way Trigger compounded just then, it's either there is something wrong with him, or he's just had enough? Very easy lead time and only sped up the last bit or so... Very concerning! Hope everything is all ok!

p plater
08-15-2014, 11:51 PM
Didn't look the best but he ran a personal time of 1.56.3 in the death........Old legs, big heart

Smoken
08-15-2014, 11:57 PM
I just love the Champ, don't want nothing to be wrong with him. Would he have ran better if the roles were reversed..? I hope he's still going to run on Sep 6th.. From what Dan Mielecki hinted, possibly not..

Amlin
08-16-2014, 04:35 PM
The last at Forbury Park in New Zealand on Thursday night lived up to the term "Winter racing"

http://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gas/wa/r/infohorsewahr/wsd01x?Arg=hrnzg-Ptype&Arg=RaceVideo&Arg=hrnzg-RacehdrID&Arg=204031

teecee
08-16-2014, 04:41 PM
one of the more sedate weather systems floating across NZ on the night.

trish
08-16-2014, 07:58 PM
Sadly Big Names out of the BC semis.
Whereibylong.
Messini
Ameretto

Messenger
08-20-2014, 09:55 PM
I want to see how SJC has improved Under Worked so quickly in Race 5 at Charlton today but 3hrs after the race there is still no Video replay of the race with the results and
Skyracing has every other race up in their Replays EXCEPT race 5
Anyone see it?

Richard prior
08-20-2014, 10:15 PM
Okay now Kev

Messenger
08-20-2014, 10:26 PM
It is on HRV now - I will continue in the Cramp thread

Messenger
08-21-2014, 01:48 AM
Terang tonight, Upanatom made it 8 in a row since coming over from NZ (being cleverly placed to maximize wins without going up in class)
He came home in 27.7 and his 1.58.5 for the 2180m was faster than Young Modern's winning time in the C4-6 and he is now only a C2

Toohard
08-21-2014, 10:00 AM
Also Terang last night. Race 5 Peaces Of You

Congrats Rick (gutwagon)

Messenger
08-21-2014, 08:22 PM
Glenferrie Shuffle winner of today's 4yo M consolation looks to be one HUGE mare

Smoken
08-22-2014, 12:14 AM
G Shuffle is huge alright!

Messenger
08-22-2014, 02:40 AM
http://www.harnesslink.com/News/Horsham-s-harness-racing-big-day-near?highlight=horsham

It should read a free service to Maffioso NOT Maffisio

The Alabar choice of service is a nice trophy

Smoken
08-23-2014, 01:35 AM
Keeyang Cullen is definitely better than Keeyang Steamer... Struggled to hang on to third!
KC is probably Victorias best ATM!
What's happened to Restrepo... Geeez!!

Richard prior
08-23-2014, 01:43 AM
Spot on Smoken, Restrepo just doesn't look like he wants to be there which is disappointing.

aussiebreno
08-23-2014, 10:39 AM
Keeyang Cullen is definitely better than Keeyang Steamer... Struggled to hang on to third!
KC is probably Victorias best ATM!
What's happened to Restrepo... Geeez!!

Ones had 8 starts after a short let up while the others had 2 starts after an injury and 8 months out. I think your judgement may change down the track.

Richard prior
08-23-2014, 11:00 AM
Agree Breno and I should have put at the moment concerning Cullen & Starzzz.

Smoken
08-23-2014, 12:27 PM
Well it doesn't change the fact that my statement isn't true ATM! KC is Vics best ATM, & definitely better than Steamer ATM! What the future holds nobody knows! Both are very far from being superstars ATM, but both can potentially be. According to your opinion Brendan, what's Restrepo's excuse? Not enough runs back? Poor barriers? Maybe he just isn't re same horse ATM...

Messenger
08-23-2014, 12:33 PM
Lets not be combative gentlemen. I don't think Breno was being that Ev - you would have just liked him to acknowledge your ATM :D

Smoken
08-23-2014, 12:33 PM
And KS trial was sizzling and his training at home suggested he is right back on track, hence the stupid odds on his return a few weeks ago. I was not being combative Kev, just opinions. Must be my use of exclamation marks...

Toohard
08-23-2014, 03:22 PM
According to your opinion Brendan, what's Restrepo's excuse? Not enough runs back? Poor barriers? Maybe he just isn't re same horse ATM...

We follow Restrepo. One of the best looking horses going around. Not trying answer put to someone else but I wouldn't be writing him off yet.

This time in he had 1 run in May. 2 in July and one 3 weeks ago. Maybe had problems in between or maybe just bringing him along slowly. Last night no run for 20 days. Up against some pretty fast ones.

If you go back to Oct-Nov last year he raced 4 consecutive weeks. Won 3 and 2nd Kilmore Cup. All big races. Won $130k in 4 runs in 4 weeks. Also won Ballarat Cup week after ran 3rd Shepp Cup. And ran huge race Inter final week after run in heat.

Would appear lack of recent racing why he not right up there at moment. History suggests when they can get him up and going he a mighty good horse. So wouldn't be writing him off yet

brent_L
08-23-2014, 03:55 PM
I know who I'd prefer to own. IMO Cullen has improved greatly since last prep and I will be almightily surprised if Steamer does happen to make up the ground on him in the future. The 'wraps' are currently unfounded, injury or no injury.
Just another chance for me to be WRONG however.

Smoken
08-23-2014, 05:14 PM
I really like Restrepo, and would love to see him race like he used to not long ago. I hope I'm very wrong in saying that he's possibly not the same horse he used to be. I pretty much agree with what you wrote Brent, & I will gladly say I'm wrong if Steamer shows me he is the horse everybody makes out to be. He has a lot of potential, but ever since he beat Smoken Up, & KCullen, he has been more over rated than what he already was.

Race For Fun
08-23-2014, 09:52 PM
Race 2 Dubbo Looking Sideways........should have

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-results.cfm?mc=DU230814&ms=nsw (http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-results.cfm?mc=DU230814&ms=nsw)

Messenger
08-24-2014, 12:52 AM
If you have not already seen Christen Me's return to the track last night (Highlighted on NZ's Harnesslink News and Newsbot thread)
do yourself a favour and click this link (and marvel at Lochaburn's amazing runs too)
http://www.harnesslink.com/News/Battle-royal-at-Addington

Richard prior
08-24-2014, 11:21 AM
Both back in fine fettle Kev.

broncobrad
08-24-2014, 09:32 PM
A first for a bloody long time, NBN in Northern NSW showed the finishing stages of Marty Monkhousers win today at Melton in their 6PM news...more than likely because of the Tritton/Panella/Hunter Valley connection. It was refreshing to see it.

Messenger
08-25-2014, 06:34 PM
I dont know whether the scheduling straight after the Crown is the problem but the fields for Horsham's Guineas and Princess on Wednesday are very disappointing and not only for quality as the Guineas has only a field of 6

Mister JayKO
08-25-2014, 06:54 PM
Kev, look at the conditions of the race 3C0 - 3C2 only, with respect given the timing of the race and the class limitations you are only ever going to get an average field and winner at best. Races needs to be brought forward much earlier in the season.

Amlin
08-25-2014, 08:16 PM
Young Gippsland reinswoman Mary Elliott celebrated her first race winner when Zoes Dream won at Yarra Valley trots on Monday afternoon.
It was Mary's second race drive behind the mare after finishing third last week. She normally drives stablemate Drop Of Paradise, who also ran in Monday's race.
Mary started race driving in January and had driven many placegetters before her first win on Monday, including a second placing at Shepparton over the weekend.
A graduate of the Gippsland Harness Racing Training Centre, based at the Warragul harness track, Mary works for local horseman Michael Hughes, and also has her own trainers' licence.
On Monday, Zoes Dream overcame interference early in the race, and led home a top four finish for Gippsland horses in the Oaks Day Trotters Handicap.
A natural in the sulky, Mary has driven for several local trainers and her first victory will no doubt do her confidence the world of good as she forges a career in harness racing.
Zoes Dream is raced by the Lets Go Trotting syndicate of owners, many based in Gippsland, and Monday's win was her fourth.

Sofoulis
08-25-2014, 09:08 PM
http://www.harnessmediacentre.com.au/trotstv/replays/15316

Can anyone with more knowledge of harness racing tell me what the driver of the one-one horse was doing along the back straight for the lasttime in this trial? My horse is Highview Oban, that horse is Highview Aria.

mango
08-25-2014, 09:48 PM

Can anyone with more knowledge of harness racing tell me what the driver of the one-one horse was doing along the back straight for the lasttime in this trial? My horse is Highview Oban, that horse is Highview Aria.

Looked like he was trying to get his whip out

Maorisidol
08-25-2014, 10:23 PM

Looks to me like he was trying to adjust/move the "string/rope" that pulls the deafeners out, with his foot.
Maybe it got caught in the horses tail or the dust sheet or something and he had to unhook it before he could reach down as he did on the turn to grab it with his hand and pull it...????
He was using his left leg and pulled the deafeners with his left hand, whip in right hand...

Danno
08-25-2014, 11:26 PM
Nice to see a winner for forum participant Norm Swartz " NormanS"

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-results.cfm?mc=NR250814&ms=nsw

Good onya Norm, hope you are enjoying todays success!!

Danno
08-25-2014, 11:33 PM

G'day Adam, the cynic in me says he was possibly pulling the first of a few strings and maybe they got a little entangled? looked like he had a few going...pull up blinds?,deafeners?,shorteners?, video replay button?, enthusiasm reminder?

NormanS
08-26-2014, 01:28 AM
Nice to see a winner for forum participant Norm Swartz " NormanS"

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-results.cfm?mc=NR250814&ms=nsw

Good onya Norm, hope you are enjoying todays success!!

It's much better in person, but I'll accept a winner from 2200km away. Hard work with that guy. Got my licence with his mother (Aussie Melody), his older brother ("Love this life" by Strong Life is also a Crowded House song and anything that's from NZ and good We Aussies claim as ours - That's how he got his name) was my first winner I trained and drove and he's the 1st winner I've bred "Love This Dragon" by Suttor Hanover (Dragons Again).

And Thanks Danno.

Toohard
08-26-2014, 09:12 PM
Well done Norman! Many congratulations

Richard prior
08-26-2014, 11:18 PM
Congrats Norm and I hope there are plenty more to come.

trish
08-26-2014, 11:45 PM
Well done Norm on your win....excellent

NormanS
08-27-2014, 12:20 AM
Well done Norman! Many congratulations

Fingers crossed that maybe he can turn out like your "Palais Du Louvre"

cisco
08-27-2014, 06:17 PM
Hi Guys,

I would interested in opinions regarding the drive on Sovereign Faith in race 5 at Menangle on Saturday night.

trish
08-27-2014, 06:41 PM
I am flabbergasted at the lack of responses against this post.

Most of the regulars who post on this forum can't keep their hands off the keyboard when it comes to positive swabs or having a whinge about something, yet we finally get an administrator in Adam Fairley who has the courage to seek public feedback on one of the most proactive technology infrastructure investments the industry has seen and we don't hear boo from anyone.

I read this forum a lot and occasionally post something here or there but the more I read the more I think the regular contributors (most not all) simply want to fuel the fire with problems and controversy rather than do something useful like propose solutions or have a pragmatic discussion about how the industry can grow.

If you really care about harness racing then I suggest you take 20mins to navigate through the harness media centre and provide Adam with some constructive feedback on your experience.

Vent over.

Hi Mitch . I suppose I may be one of these Posters that you have directed this at , so I'll respond by saying that in my opinion, no matter what is done to promote this industry, unless everyone ,at least, feels like they are on some sort of level playing field you may as well be trying to patch holes in a submarine with tissues whilst resting on the Abyssal Plane . No proactive technology , no infrastructure investments is gunna stop us nose diving like a Japanese Zero or make people feel better . PEOPLE ARE REALLY ANGRY . When Mike Tyson knocked out Spinks in the first round do you think they said "Great news mate, at least you won't have to wash your shorts" . Well that's what your asking us to do . Some people do really care about harness racing and that's why they put fuel on the fire . That's why they want blood and that's the only way this sport can grow . I've been a part of this industry my entire life and I'm watching it fall down around me .

Messenger
08-27-2014, 10:18 PM
Hi Guys,

I would interested in opinions regarding the drive on Sovereign Faith in race 5 at Menangle on Saturday night.
Maybe try one of the other threads Michael

Messenger
08-27-2014, 10:28 PM
I dont know whether the scheduling straight after the Crown is the problem but the fields for Horsham's Guineas and Princess on Wednesday are very disappointing and not only for quality as the Guineas has only a field of 6

I feel like a hypocrite!
Not only did virtual non-punter me back the winner of the Princess
but it was because of the good tussle in the Guineas
You see Always Wantano gave Jilliby Jagger a real run for his money
and noticing that all the starters in the Princess were maidens other than one pony-sized runner
I spot that Three Queens - having only her 2nd ever start ran a not too distant 4th to Always Wantano way back in December
I figured she should and would have to be improved in her 2nd campaign and I felt the Finnis's would not have picked out the Princess on a whim
so the long odds induced Kev to dip into the skyrocket
Made a beautiful sunny day even sunnier

Richard prior
08-27-2014, 11:08 PM
Well spotted with Three Queens Kev, She's bred on a golden cross, Mach Three over a Beach Towel mare. Oh yeh, Where's my tip???

The Escape Club
08-27-2014, 11:24 PM
I feel like a hypocrite!
Not only did virtual non-punter me back the winner of the Princess
but it was because of the good tussle in the Guineas
You see Always Wantano gave Jilliby Jagger a real run for his money
and noticing that all the starters in the Princess were maidens other than one pony-sized runner
I spot that Three Queens - having only her 2nd ever start ran a not too distant 4th to Always Wantano way back in December
I figured she should and would have to be improved in her 2nd campaign and I felt the Finnis's would not have picked out the Princess on a whim
so the long odds induced Kev to dip into the skyrocket
Made a beautiful sunny day even sunnier

You obviously just reinvested a bit of what you won on my horse in the race before. Lol, well done.

Messenger
08-27-2014, 11:45 PM
You obviously just reinvested a bit of what you won on my horse in the race before. Lol, well done.
Congratulations Rob, I wasn't sure whether your Terror had got up as in the Guineas before it the photo had gone to the inside leader
You would have been pretty wrapped in Emma's drive. Peters Ace stopping a bit early made it difficult for you.
That is the second time he has rated 1.56.3 now

Richard prior
08-27-2014, 11:51 PM
Congrats Rob, Pretty slick time as well.

The Escape Club
08-28-2014, 12:23 AM
Congratulations Rob, I wasn't sure whether your Terror had got up as in the Guineas before it the photo had gone to the inside leader
You would have been pretty wrapped in Emma's drive. Peters Ace stopping a bit early made it difficult for you.
That is the second time he has rated 1.56.3 now

Thanks. The first time he rated that, the bugger tried to gallop half down the home straight. We'd almost given up on him, he's had a lot of health issues. Everyone who's worked him have always said he's one of the nicest horses they've been behind but for varying reasons it's never translated to the track (mostly). When we first got him my brother used to fast work him a lot and he said he used to handle Arber and Ballochbuie pretty comfortably.

Here's hoping it's behind him and he's finally turned the corner. The 3 starts he's had for Mick Bellman are the best he's looked since we've had him. He'd go rough in just about every other start he'd had.

As for Emma, I spoke with my brother a little while ago and he said that Mick told him that Emma's fallen in love with the horse and won't let Mick near him, lol. I don't think Mick's dad will let him shoe him either, he does it.

It sounds like Cocko is in a pretty good place.

The Escape Club
08-28-2014, 12:28 AM
Congrats Rob, Pretty slick time as well.

Thanks Richard, it's been a while coming. Patience from all concerned. He seems to be heading in the right direction at last.

We're getting excited now to see how Ballochbuie comes back in a month or so after spelling.

Messenger
08-28-2014, 01:18 AM
I love Horsham so please do not take offence and maybe I am being a little critical (no, I am not banging on about the lack of a replay screen again - oops I just did) but although I saw full page ads for Alabar (2pgs) and Rosehill Farm in the Racebook today (and these may have been freebie thank yous of a sort), nowhere did I see any mention of the fact that both these studs donated Services today, not even as a trophy listing with the stakes. I reckon we have to make a fuss of such things

brent_L
08-28-2014, 03:04 AM
Hi Guys,

No qualms with me Michael (welcome to the forum) although I get the frustration.....buried back on the pegs is not where anyone wants to see their $1.80 charge. The horse didn't help herself by pulling very hard throughout, not to mention the check that she got. If u backed her mate, I'd butter up again next time.....which won't be this Satdy as she has already been scratched unfortunately.
Cheers

cisco
08-28-2014, 12:30 PM
Many thanks Brent L for your response. No qualms with the horse's run but to go three back the pegs at Menangle when there was plenty of time to get to the death(and then hopefully get some cover) or even try for the lead is not a good look for the sport.

trish
08-28-2014, 11:25 PM
Many thanks Brent L for your response. No qualms with the horse's run but to go three back the pegs at Menangle when there was plenty of time to get to the death(and then hopefully get some cover) or even try for the lead is not a good look for the sport.

An inquiry was opened into the driving tactics adopted by Driver T McCarthy ( SOVEREIGN FAITH NZ) in particular the early stages when he directed his runner back to the position three back on the marker pegs and also if there had been an opportunity earlier in the event to move wider to gain a position in the running line. As a result, SOVEREIGN FAITH NZ was unable to secure clear running at any stage in the home straight and was not fully tested. After taking evidence from Driver T McCarthy and Trainer J McCarthy the inquiry was adjourned to allow Stewards’ an opportunity to examine wagering and the explanations given.

cisco
08-29-2014, 12:43 AM
Many thanks Trish - what did you think of the drive???

Messenger
08-29-2014, 01:28 AM
Last week of the season and I added FIVE trainers to my database today for notching up their first wins in Vic for the season
Two Watson's . E.P and K.M but both appear to go by their second names. Paul from Carisbrook and Mark from Kyabram
Frank Barac from Elmore, Shayne Eeles from Rochester and Chelsea Kiely from Junortoun were the other three
They left it late to get on the scoresheet this season but congratulations to the quintet

trish
08-29-2014, 04:26 PM
http://www.harness.org.au/news-article.cfm?news_id=24319

Messenger
08-29-2014, 05:45 PM
Hey Trish, what was that one about? Only getting:
'The article you requested could not be found, or is no longer available.'

trish
08-29-2014, 06:02 PM
Hey Trish, what was that one about? Only getting:
'The article you requested could not be found, or is no longer available.'

http://www.harness.org.au/news-article.cfm?news_id=24321

Strange!

aussiebreno
08-29-2014, 06:33 PM

Strange!
What can actually be done about this though?

We all know what the inference is, but without a swab over the prescribed level of 36 I'm not sure if the rules allow for a charge. Other then that we're relying on trainers dobbing themselves in which isn't going to happen.

Not that I'm complaining about what the stewards are trying, good on them!

trish
08-29-2014, 07:06 PM
What can actually be done about this though?

We all know what the inference is, but without a swab over the prescribed level of 36 I'm not sure if the rules allow for a charge. Other then that we're relying on trainers dobbing themselves in which isn't going to happen.

Not that I'm complaining about what the stewards are trying, good on them!

http://www.harness.org.au/news-article.cfm?news_id=23945

No they won't give themselves up. I thought this new stand on bi-carb is terrific.

Messenger
08-29-2014, 08:40 PM

Strange!

I got that one thanks Trish - is that the same as the other?

Not being a NSW follower, I had to look Hillier up - she is a big time player

Race For Fun
08-30-2014, 12:00 AM
Small fields at Menangle on Tuesday this must be a concern for the club.

Smoken
08-30-2014, 01:57 AM
You gotta love teeny tiny Gumdrops :) What a huge sprint for a tiny little horse!

cityboy
08-30-2014, 02:02 AM
Small fields at Menangle on Tuesday this must be a concern for the club.
i think they must be feeling the pinch with all the trainers they've outed... nah just kidding usually this time of year the fields are a bit thin & weak due to the turnover of the season (stables get rid of old n gain new)...

Richard prior
08-30-2014, 02:08 AM
You gotta love teeny tiny Gumdrops :) What a huge sprint for a tiny little horse!

Yes the Mighty Midget strikes again.

The Escape Club
08-30-2014, 03:21 AM
Libertybelle Midrew tonight, powered of the arm from 7 in the slop and just kept going.

Race For Fun
08-30-2014, 10:18 AM
This is a nice story 34 years old, a good innings.
http://www.harnesslink.com/International/Winky-s-Gill-dead-at-age-34

Messenger
08-30-2014, 01:04 PM
Thanks Toni - good read

Messenger
08-30-2014, 08:57 PM
She is fantastic. Tandias Bromac does not look real big either and she is another superstar mare.

NormanS
08-30-2014, 09:29 PM
A follow up from an earlier post... Can someone please tell me what Todd McCarthy was doing at the 250m in Race 5 at Newcastle? No sour grapes we were beaten on our merits. It just looks like the sort of thing you do when you step in something nasty and you want it off your boots quick smart.

trish
08-31-2014, 12:30 AM
A follow up from an earlier post... Can someone please tell me what Todd McCarthy was doing at the 250m in Race 5 at Newcastle? No sour grapes we were beaten on our merits. It just looks like the sort of thing you do when you step in something nasty and you want it off your boots quick smart.

Hi Norman . If you look carefully I think you'll see that Todd was just releasing the ear plugs with his foot . He was able to keep a steady hand that way .

Smoken
08-31-2014, 01:17 AM
Sad to see The Gold Ace be nothing like he once was not long ago.. He's had a fair few starts back and shown hardly nothing to his old standard. He's probably had enough I'd say.

Messenger
08-31-2014, 02:11 AM
It is surprising that Full Pleasure - the dam of first start winner 2yo Egodan at Cranbourne tonight, has never won Broodmare of the Year.
http://www.harness.org.au/ausbreed/reports/m_progeny.cfm?horse_id=173524
Maybe this Sportswriter gelding will go on and seal a title for her

NormanS
08-31-2014, 02:42 AM
Hi Norman . If you look carefully I think you'll see that Todd was just releasing the ear plugs with his foot . He was able to keep a steady hand that way .
I couldn't see as am only able to watch online, however had discounted that as I was sure that activating gear - plugs, shorteners etc by foot was against the rules.

Messenger
08-31-2014, 02:53 AM
Sad to see The Gold Ace be nothing like he once was not long ago.. He's had a fair few starts back and shown hardly nothing to his old standard. He's probably had enough I'd say.
You may be right Ev but you are way too quick.
We are talking about a horse that ran in an Inter Final and placed in the Hunter Cup THIS YEAR (ie 6/7mths ago)
So I think 3 starts is a little too early to making that call on a horse that is just going on 7

Race For Fun
08-31-2014, 09:28 AM
Good luck to Ellen Tormey who is going to the U.S.A. and Canada tomorrow. Reward for effort in my opinion.
http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia/Ellen-Tormey-off-to-North-America

Njcstables
08-31-2014, 10:27 AM
http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia/Charity-football-day-has-opened-the-wallets

For anyone that's interested or would like to make a donation towards this.

Smoken
08-31-2014, 10:29 AM
You may be right as well Kev. It's just a gut feeling I have, but I hope I'm wrong . It's awfully hard to stay at the top year after year.

The Escape Club
08-31-2014, 02:02 PM
http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia/Charity-football-day-has-opened-the-wallets

For anyone that's interested or would like to make a donation towards this.

Looks like it will be a good day.

I remember years ago (I was 18, so it would have been 1986) playing in a footy match with my brother. It was trainers and drivers v owners and media. It was played somewhere west of Melbourne, so Werribee / Altona area. My old man may have had a horse then or was helping out Ginger Gleeson so we played for the trainers and drivers side. I don't remember much of it except Gav Lang was coaching and Vinnie running around like a mad man.

Njcstables
09-01-2014, 01:40 AM
Huge day today at bendigo for charity games. Great turn out, great effort by all who organised and sponsored/donated etc. massive money raised for a great cause.

Njcstables
09-01-2014, 06:20 PM
http://www.harnesslink.com/International/TAB-Charity-Day-a-huge-success

Messenger
09-01-2014, 07:46 PM
35 mins between races is too long if we are going encourage people to attend unless we are going to provide some entertainment (preferably harness related) but dragging it out to 40mins for the last three races at Maryborough today is ridiculous - 40mins is bloody big chunk of time.

trish
09-01-2014, 09:15 PM
I couldn't see as am only able to watch online, however had discounted that as I was sure that activating gear - plugs, shorteners etc by foot was against the rules.

RACE 5 – SOMERSET MEATS 2YO PACE – 1609 METRES
Pre race blood samples were taken from MOONLIGHT EYRE NZ and LOVE THIS DRAGON.
W Dawson trainer of A GOOD IDEAL NZ was fined $50 under Rule 210 for failing to notify a drive for the colt by the prescribed time.
RETURN ACE (R Morris) which was drawn to start from barrier 8 on the front line broke stride part way through the score up which resulted in the gelding being well out of position when the start was effected. After an inquiry where Stewards took into account the gelding’s recent record in this regard RETURN ACE was excluded from the mobile barrier draw for the immediate future.
GILGUY (R Adams) broke stride at the commencement of the first turn which resulted in the gelding losing valuable ground. After an inquiry where Stewards took into account the gelding’s limited racing history GILGUY was stood down until it can requalify.
WHOS DRIVING (A Day) broke stride on two occasions during the event and as a result the gelding finished well back. After an inquiry where Stewards took into account it was the gelding’s first race start WHOS DRIVING will be required to requalify on one occasion prior to returning to racing.

Messenger
09-03-2014, 12:51 AM
When I am on one of the forum home pages, I get a little line above the Harnesslink banner that indicates that suggests the page is opened in duplicate - anyone else ever see that?

Race For Fun
09-03-2014, 05:10 PM
How good is this!
http://www.harness.org.au/news-article.cfm?news_id=24346

Toohard
09-03-2014, 05:29 PM
When I am on one of the forum home pages, I get a little line above the Harnesslink banner that indicates that suggests the page is opened in duplicate - anyone else ever see that?

Nope never noticed that before

Toohard
09-03-2014, 05:30 PM
How good is this!
http://www.harness.org.au/news-article.cfm?news_id=24346

Awesome!

Race For Fun
09-03-2014, 06:03 PM
What is this? Is this one of those new under but questions asked, arrive 4 hour early?

p plater
09-03-2014, 07:25 PM
How good is it that the Victorian Govt will get involved with his farewell.
If only the main stream press could give the sport some good stories like his.

Messenger
09-03-2014, 10:17 PM
You will keep, keep, ......

Messenger
09-03-2014, 10:51 PM
What is this? Is this one of those new under but questions asked, arrive 4 hour early?
Hi Tony you will find there was some discussion of this back on pg 21 of this thread

Race For Fun
09-04-2014, 10:55 AM
Hi Tony you will find there was some discussion of this back on pg 21 of this thread

Sorry bit slow, didn't look behind.

Race For Fun
09-04-2014, 12:44 PM
http://www.harnesslink.com/News/Donny-McRae-disqualified-for-12-months

Race For Fun
09-05-2014, 11:36 AM
Race 3
Is this Glen's daughter and is this her first winner? If it is well done!
http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-results.cfm?mc=PE040914&ms=nsw

Messenger
09-05-2014, 12:50 PM
Race 3

http://www.harnesslink.com/News/HRNSW-Racing-Wrap---A-Vintage-Win-For-Tiarn-McElhinney

Race For Fun
09-05-2014, 01:09 PM
http://www.harnesslink.com/News/HRNSW-Racing-Wrap---A-Vintage-Win-For-Tiarn-McElhinney

Yep trained that one Glen drove, but I think this is her first win as a driver.

Frano1982
09-05-2014, 01:52 PM
Race 3

And I think you'll find it was her first official race drive as well...

Messenger
09-07-2014, 01:56 AM
Trish you have to put that in the caption thread!

Smoken
09-07-2014, 02:16 PM
Another disappointing run by The Gold Ace. I thought he had every chance to break through, but just doesn't seem to be the same horse to me IMO.